Instructor (General Engineering)
Chattanooga State is an educationally purposeful community where faculty, staff, and students share academic goals and strive for high standards that lead to the attainment of degrees and certificates, meaningful careers, and a committed citizenry of lifelong learners.
We value those who: · consistently act in the best interest of students and the College (who have their priorities right);
· get things accomplished (who execute);
· are transparent (who are direct, truthful, and non-manipulative);
· are positive in outlook (who see the glass as half-full); and
· build constructive workplace relationships (who are team players).
We have an opening for Instructor (General Engineering) at our Chattanooga State campus!
The role will be responsible for the following:
• Perform specific duties related to instruction; course and curriculum development; professional growth; service to students; and service to the college and community.
• Teaching & Learning: Teach assigned courses; facilitate the classroom instructional process; evaluate students, monitor progress, assign final grades; provide out-of class academic assistance to students; maintain attendance and grade records; counsel and advise students regarding academic preparation and career goals; work to retain students; mentor and orient faculty and staff; provide classroom and laboratory materials and instructional support for adjuncts; maintain required classroom and office hours.
• Course and Curriculum Development: Select texts, supplemental documents, equipment, supplies, and other learning resources; develop supplemental instructional materials; use current technology in preparation, creation and delivery of instruction; create and revise courses and/or curricula as needed; maintain updated course syllabi.
• Professional Growth: Remain current within field of assigned instruction, related occupational areas and technologies; acquire, maintain, and apply knowledge of current instructional methodologies and materials; participate in annual faculty evaluation process.
• Student Support: Respect rights of students and access to educational opportunities.
• Advising: participates in registration process by advising, assisting students in preparing schedules and entering schedule into Banner System.
• Service to the College and Community: Assist in recruitment and selection of college personnel as assigned; participate in accreditation, assessment and performance funding processes.
• Collaborate with the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga in creating course content to ensure transferability.
• Perform other duties as assigned.Position Requirements:
Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or college.
Minimum of three years documented engineering work experience and three years documented teaching experience at the secondary level or higher.
Preferred Qualifications: Preferred: Experience with ABET accreditation.
Knowledge of Lab Volt or similar equipment.
Closing Date: 6/22/2018 (apply by 5:00PM)
Open Until Filled: No
Requisition Number: req1108
About this company
If you would enjoy a challenging job, friendly and helpful colleagues and an outstanding work environment, Chattanooga State Community College is a dynamic and vibrant place to work. As part of one of the nation’s largest systems of public higher education (Tennessee Board of Regents), we're glad you're considering a career with the ChattState.
The value of employment at Chattanooga State goes far beyond salary. As a potential employee, you will enjoy a full range of benefits, services and programs. Total compensation includes annual salary, a generous annual and sick leave program, 13 paid holidays, health and life insurance, retirement, 401(k) and more. Please review Chattanooga State's benefit options.
Location/Region: Chattanooga, TN (US - 37406)