The function of the Child Development Center Director (CDC) is to lead the CDC in providing excellent childcare, preparing children for Kindergarten in accordance with sound child developmental practices, and maintain compliance with state requirements. In addition, the Director is to lead the CDC as a ministry of Hixson First Baptist Church (HFBC), make certain the CDC operates in a manner consistent with the policies of HFBC, and coordinates its plans with other ministries of HFBC. It is the responsibility of the Director to clearly communicate the Biblical mission and vison of the CDC.
- Serve as managing Director of the CDC.
- Grow the CDC in terms of the number enrolled and in the quality of the program.
- Integrate the CDC into the ministry of HFBC in every way possible.
- Routinely be on duty (at the CDC premises) a minimum of forty (40) hours per week during the hours of highest attendance.
- Supervise all employees of the CDC.
- Interview, hire, and train new staff members.
- Provide training and professional development opportunities for CDC staff.
- Ensure all supplies and equipment are ordered and maintained for the CDC.
- Generate reports for the CDC Committee and HFBC (as needed) to inform of progress and needs.
- Attend regular CDC Committee meetings.
- Establish mission, policies, and goals for CDC and effectively communicate them to staff, parents, and HFBC.
- Develop educational programs and curriculum.
- Set educational standards with in collaboration with lead teachers support and CDC Committee.
- Review teacher’s session plans, conduct classroom observations, and provide constructive feedback to the teachers.
- Help staff resolve conflicts between children.
- Lead CDC staff in communicating effectively with parents through the most effective means available; (ie: e-mail, phone, text, Facebook, etc.)
- In collaboration with a student’s teacher, meet with parents to discuss progress as needed
- Establish budgets and set tuitions in conjunction with the CDC Committee.
- Oversee accounts receivable, bank deposits, and paperwork for billings.
- Maintain all CDC records and state daycare paperwork.
- Ensure facilities are updated, maintained, and cleaned according to state regulations.
- Attend churchwide functions as a senior member of the HFBC staff and ambassador of the CDC.
- Other reasonable responsibilities related to operation of the CDC not included under this heading.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior or Executive Pastor.
1. Must be able to obtain a Director’s Certification from Tennessee Department of Human Services.
2. Must be able to pass a Tennessee Bureau of Investigation/Federal Bureau of Investigation
3. Certification in CPR and First Aid.
Interested candidates may request a full job desciption by sending their request to the e-mail address listed.
To apply for this position please submit your resume by sending it to the e-mail address listed.