CAFÉ 7 Chef
Summary: Responsible for the daily operations of Café 7 full-service dining at Lovers’ Leap. Performs tasks including, but not limited to, guest experience management, menu design, food quality and safety, bar operations, inventory controls, coaching and counseling partners, and cash handling.
• Delivers excellent guest service in line with the organizations Mission, Cultures, and Values.
• Models appropriate guest and partner interaction at all times.
• Ensures all paperwork is handled in an accurate and timely manner.
• Ensures that company policies and procedures are followed at all times.
• Leads team in accordance with Culture of Excellence and operational goals.
• Ensures excellent guest service in all aspects, including Mystery Shop.
• Oversees the daily supervision of partners assigned to work in Café 7.
• Maintains the schedule for kitchen partners.
• Trains partners to include knowledge of food preparation and presentation, food safety, beverage/bartending operations, opening/closing procedures, proper cash handling and register usage.
• Directs and executes the preparation, seasoning, and cooking of salads, soups, fish, meats, vegetables, desserts, or other foods.
• Maintains Serve Safe Certification.
• Ensures health codes and safety standards are followed in order to maintain a high health score.
• Manages relationships with distributors and resolve issues with vendors promptly.
• Responsible for inventory management and food purchases to meet standards of quality and cost.
• Maintains invoice controls and procedures as needed to ensure COGS are in line with budget.
• Addresses guest complaints when necessary.
• Modifies menus or create new ones that meet quality, cost, and brand standards.
• Increases sales while maintaining or reducing expenses.
• Monitors cash handling procedures to minimize shrink/loss and addresses overs and shorts as needed.
• Maintains a clean, safe work area for guests and partners (to include all guest and partner areas affiliated with Café 7).
• Performs other duties as assigned by management. Qualifications:
• Culinary education, related culinary certification or minimum 3 years related experience required including previous supervisory experience.
• Possess an outgoing, friendly personality and the desire to provide quality service.
• Ability to be Serve Safe Certified.
• Ability to convey a professional image to guests.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights weekends and holidays.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a group of managers, guests, or the general public; read and analyze business correspondence; to develop and write reports.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiple, and divide. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money.
• Ability to lead and manage up to 30 partners.
• Required to regularly use hands and fingers. Must be able to lift/move up to 50 pounds. Required to walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch frequently. Must be able to stand regularly.
About this company
See Rock City, Inc. specializes in creating memories worth repeating not only for our guests, but for our partners who work here as well. With locations atop beautiful Lookout Mountain, in downtown Chattanooga, and the surrounding Chattanooga Valley, we have found unique ways to serve our guests and have fun at the same time! In addition to the world-famous Rock City Gardens, See Rock City, Inc. owns and operates a number of locations, including Battles for Chattanooga Museum, Starbucks on Lookout Mountain, Grandview Event Center, Rock City’s Enchanted MAiZE, Clumpies Ice Cream Co, and the admissions, concessions and retail teams at The Incline Railway. With so many opportunities within SRC, Inc., there is sure to be a perfect fit for you!
Location/Region: LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN, GA