Your Career Starts Here!
Operations Manager - Immediate Opening!
Arbor Place Mall
We seek a hands-on, customer-oriented leader responsible for Maintenance, Janitorial, and Landscaping services, ensuring high service levels and performance. Perform constant review of the overall needs of the client/property and make recommendations to ERMC management. The ideal candidate will use an effective, collaborative leadership approach, inspiring respect and trust and leading by example.
Some of our benefits include:
• Career advancement - Some of our Regional Managers started their career in this job!
• Cell Phone and Other Discounts
• Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay
• Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, 401k Plan
• Recruit competent personnel using effective methods to keep staffing at acceptable levels, working within budgeted hours and expenses. Manage the department work schedule to ensure proper preparation and staffing every day and for special events
• Train and manage staff. Set site operational goals for each department, regularly assess performance, and quickly make effective corrections to performance and conduct, including retraining, employee corrective action and development plans.
• Manage the daily activities of the each department to include appropriate cleaning and maintenance of all public areas, restrooms, offices, etc. Ensure the proper care, maintenance, and presentation of interior and exterior landscaped areas.
• Measure department effectiveness through quality inspections and adjust as goals change or are not met.
• Schedule contractors for electric, plumbing, HVAC, etc.
• Purchase, timely re-order, and maintain appropriate and adequate supplies and inventory.
• Ensure the proper maintenance of all equipment; schedule repair and/or replacement of used and damaged equipment to avoid service disruptions.
• Experience supervising a housekeeping, maintenance, or landscaping department, preferably in a retail environment.
• Dedication to excellence in customer service. A proactive approach in anticipating, listening to, understanding, and responding to customer needs.
• Possess basic maintenance skills/knowledge and computer proficiency.
• Make a professional impression, in both appearance and conduct. Highly effective verbal and written communicator. Exudes confidence and comfort in interacting effectively with all levels of management.
• Willingness to work where needed and hands-on, alongside the staff.
• Embrace change, able to change goals and direction quickly/multitask.
• Capable of using independent judgment and solid decision-making skills.
• Knowledge of OSHA and safety standards for housekeeping, maintenance, and landscaping programs.
• Successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background and motor vehicle check and drug screen.
• Bilingual Spanish is preferred.
ERMC prides itself on offering equal employment opportunities to all. EOE
About this company
Headquartered in Chattanooga, ERMC is a leading multi-discipline facility service provider employing people who enjoy working in a fast-paced setting and share our commitment to superior customer service.
Location/Region: Arbor Place Mall