Nonwoven / Needle-punch machine operator
This position is responsible for the safety, production, and quality in the production of nonwoven products.
Responsible for learning and demonstrating a working knowledge of all aspects of operating the nonwoven production line.
Able to perform job functions with limited assistance.
· Patrols line to monitor quality – inspect fiber, fabric width, roll weight, fabric appearance, roll length, roll diameter, hand sample comparison and packaging – communicate to appropriate personnel to correct deviations from process standards
· Understands total operation of nonwoven line
· Doffs fabric at the proper yardage and prepares all roll tickets
· Conduct visual line reading
· Cut, and deliver samples to lab
· Checks lab data for accuracy
· Communicates with supervisor regarding quality deficiencies
· Communicates any mechanical issues
· Performs planned cleaning activities
· Handles and introduces specified raw materials as needed
· Inputs data in computer for down time tracking
· Assists with maintenance when necessary
· Work safely in accordance with all plant safety regulations
· Performs changeovers when necessary
· Makes adjustments to line as necessary
· Good communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and problem solving
· Responsible for the safe operation of the lift truck
· Works with a minimum of supervision
· Perform other work as assigned
Location/Region: Ringgold, GA (US - 30736)