Chattanooga State is an educationally purposeful community where faculty, staff, and students share academic goals and strive for high standards that lead to the attainment of degrees and certificates, meaningful careers, and a committed citizenry of lifelong learners.
We value those who: · consistently act in the best interest of students and the College (who have their priorities right);
· get things accomplished (who execute);
· are transparent (who are direct, truthful, and non-manipulative);
· are positive in outlook (who see the glass as half-full); and
· build constructive workplace relationships (who are team players).
We have an opening for Executive Secretary (Economic and Workforce Development) at our Chattanooga State campus!
The role will be responsible for the following:
- Coordinate executive communications, including taking calls, responding to emails and interfacing with clients - Prepare internal and external corporate documents for team members and industry partners - Schedule meetings and appointments and manage travel itineraries - Arrange corporate events to take place inside and outside of the work place.
- Maintain an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents - Uphold a strict level of confidentiality - Develop and sustain a level of professionalism among staff and clientele - Perform other job-related duties as assigned
-Education and training: High School Diploma or GED -Work experience: Minimum of 4+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant reporting directly to senior management
Education: Associates degree - Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with firm-specific programs and software - Proficiency in collaboration and delegation of duties - Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities - Exceptional interpersonal skills - Friendly and professional demeanor
Closing Date: 1/29/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Requisition Number: req263
About this company
If you would enjoy a challenging job, friendly and helpful colleagues and an outstanding work environment, Chattanooga State Community College is a dynamic and vibrant place to work. As part of one of the nation’s largest systems of public higher education (Tennessee Board of Regents), we're glad you're considering a career with the ChattState.
The value of employment at Chattanooga State goes far beyond salary. As a potential employee, you will enjoy a full range of benefits, services and programs. Total compensation includes annual salary, a generous annual and sick leave program, 13 paid holidays, health and life insurance, retirement, 401(k) and more. Please review Chattanooga State's benefit options.
Location/Region: Chattanooga, TN (US - 37406)