Chattanooga State is an educationally purposeful community where faculty, staff, and students share academic goals and strive for high standards that lead to the attainment of degrees and certificates, meaningful careers, and a committed citizenry of lifelong learners.
We value those who:
· consistently act in the best interest of students and the College (who have their priorities right);
· get things accomplished (who execute);
· are transparent (who are direct, truthful, and non-manipulative);
· are positive in outlook (who see the glass as half-full); and
· build constructive workplace relationships (who are team players).
We have an opening for Secretary 3 (Dean of Students) at our Chattanooga State campus!
The role will be responsible for the following:
•Set up and administer systems and procedures for the Student Life Department •Coordinate meetings and provide minutes in a timely manner.
•Provide routine and complex administrative clerical support including researching, compiling and reconciling information for various reports.
•Prepare monthly and annual reports, reviewing meeting and programming data for appropriate inclusion and reporting.
•Compose correspondence, reports and memos •Check timelines and compliance responsibilities of the Dean of Student Office.
•Coordinate travel and event arrangements in light of necessary time and budget constraints.
• Arrange meetings and conferences and completes requisitions, work orders, food requests according to timeline and protocols •Set up and maintain files, events and operational notebooks •Answer phone, respond to e-mails in an immediate and professional manner •Receive visitors and answer routine inquiries from students, staff and faulty in a friendly and professional manner.
•Provide assistance for policy, procedure, and training manual revisions as well as workshop designs.
•Ensure leave forms are adequately and timely filed and registered for all Student Life Staff.
•Contribute to unit goals by accomplishing related duties timely and as required.
•Establish and document protocol for addressing critical incidents of behavior for at-risk students .
-Education and training: High School Diploma or GED -Work experience: Two years secretarial experience
Closing Date: 1/26/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Requisition Number: req384
About this company
If you would enjoy a challenging job, friendly and helpful colleagues and an outstanding work environment, Chattanooga State Community College is a dynamic and vibrant place to work. As part of one of the nation’s largest systems of public higher education (Tennessee Board of Regents), we're glad you're considering a career with the ChattState.
The value of employment at Chattanooga State goes far beyond salary. As a potential employee, you will enjoy a full range of benefits, services and programs. Total compensation includes annual salary, a generous annual and sick leave program, 13 paid holidays, health and life insurance, retirement, 401(k) and more. Please review Chattanooga State's benefit options.
Location/Region: Chattanooga, TN (US - 37406)