Artech is an established, fast paced 33-year old Architectural & Interior Design Firm located in Chattanooga, TN providing planning, programming, design and construction administration of commercial projects including new and renovated properties for education, medical, residential, municipal, multi-use spaces, corporate, retail and entertainment facilities. You may review our website at
Position calls for minimum of 3-5 years of related administrative support. Experience in a professional service industry for architect and/or construction firm is preferred but not required. Must have a positive attitude, be able to work with and through interruptions; some lifting (rolls of drawings) be flexible, manage your deadlines. Strong experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) required; Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop a plus.
A person who is creative, friendly, articulate, punctual and reliable will be successful in this position. You will be the first interaction daily for employees, clients, vendors and guests entering our office and the knowledgeable and helpful person answering the phone; provide assistance to our Partners, Project Team members and Administrative Staff. You will have responsibilities including, but not limited to, assistance with marketing materials, brochures and presentations, coordination of lunches for Lunch & Learn presentations, lunch meetings, receive and distribute incoming mail and packages. The responsibilities noted and the following list are but a sample of tasks related to the position.
- Manage Shop Drawings – Log, track and follow up.
- Prepare various documents, proposals, contracts, specifications, and correspondence.
- Coordinate reproduction of drawings and documents in-house and by outside printer and scan documents.
- Team Contact for general communication with contractors.
- Assistance with Local Authority due diligence, including gathering contact information, permit requirements, code requirements, forms, and fee information under supervision of the Project Manager.
- Shipping and document distribution.
- Submit local project documents within Chattanooga and Hamilton County to planning for permit review
- Update PDF Drawing Files
- Scanning backlog of archival documents as time permits, or when all the above are complete – should never be without something to do
- Searching for archival documents as needed
- Learn project management software
- Other duties as assigned
Salary depends on experience, minimum $27K
Benefits include Paid Time Off, Health, Dental, Vision, 401K and Voluntary disability, life and supplemental insurance.
No contact from staffing agencies, please.