VISION: Tectonic is a PREMIER Design and Construction company that delivers what it promises.
Tectonic stands for high quality services and business practices
Tectonic provides: Architecturally led, owner-oriented Design/Build..
CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT – Roles & Responsibilities:
- Full-time on-site representative that represents, administers and proactively leads the company Construction projects to meet the company VISION !
Priorities: Administration of Construction Documents and Subcontracts
- Know and follow, administer the building of the project to the Drawings, Specifications, Addendums, Submittals, Etc. issued for the project.
- Update and maintain a current set of Construction Documents on site per Tectonic stds.
- Ensure compliance with Owner/Tectonic contract.
- Administer and monitor compliance with Subcontractor contracts and scopes of work.
- Prompt distribution & daily maintenance of project files.
Administer Safety Program
- Conduct & Document site Safety meetings with Subcontractors
- Administer project safety program.
- Provide safety items, railings, etc. as required of Tectonic.
- Conduct Preconstruction meetings with Subs prior to work start.
- Conduct & Document weekly Subcontractor coordination & safety meetings.
- Conduct regular Owner meetings with Project Manager.
- Coordination with vendors and service providers.
- Subcontract management compliance monitoring – scope of work, business terms, insurance, etc.
- Daily production of Daily Reports, Photo Reports & E-Mail forward daily.
- Maintenance of company files on site.
- Payment application pre-review with subs and recommendations to Project Manager
- Accumulate reimbursable logs.
- Expense report preparation.
- As-Built drawing markups.
- Administration of Construction Schedule.
- Communication with Subcontractors, Vendors, Etc. of schedule.
- Production of Two-Week look-ahead schedules.
- Coordination of actual status with Project Manager.
- Initiate means to maintain schedule.
- Oversee the construction within the written project parameters – Specifications, etc.
- Administer Tectonic Quality testing program
- Coordinate testing agency site visits in compliance with Specifications, etc.
- Verify underground and concealed item location documentation prior to covering.
- Assist Project Manager in maintaining and meeting the overall project Budget.
- Change Order review, verification, monitoring.
- Work Authorization review, verification and monitoring.
General Conditions for Construction
- Manage site requirements within Budget with Project Manager
- Organize and coordinate site labor and vendors.
- Track expenses, coordinate commitments with Office.
- Maintain Clean Site.
- Maintain communication with Owner as appropriate.
- Maintain open communication channel with Project Manager and Principal.
- Proactive communication with Subcontractors and vendors.
- Provide RFI and other documents transfer and resolution.