Director of Finance and Administration JOB DESCRIPTION
Summary/Objective The director of Finance and Administration is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the Finance and Administration function.
Essential Functions • Develop, refine, and direct use of accounting systems and internal control of those systems.
• Coordinate all audits and work with internal teams to meet operating goals.
• Hire and supervise staff in daily operations.
• Direct profit forecasts, expense budgets, and accounting analyses.
• Direct daily management of human resources.
• Establishes and maintains department records and reports.
Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars.
• Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department initiatives in relation to established goals.
Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
• Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local finance laws as well as other established accounting standards
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Competencies • Business Acumen.
• Communication. • Consultation.
• Critical Evaluation. • Global & Cultural Awareness.
• Finance Expertise • HR Expertise.
• Leadership & Navigation. • Relationship Management.
• Ethical Practice. Supervisory Responsibility
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
Work Environment This job operates in a professional office environment.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear.
The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position.
Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work.
Travel Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience A bachelor's degree and five years of finance and accounting experience, CPA desirable, but not required
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Location/Region: Chattanooga, TN (US - 37421)