Director of Passenger Sales and Development
JOB DESCRIPTION Summary/Objective
The director of passenger sales and development is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and operation of the Passenger Sales and Development function.
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Plans, organizes and controls all activities of the department.
Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
• Manages and maintains ticket selling system
• Provides “hands on” support of reservations, ticket selling, customer event coordination.
• Develops and solicits sponsorships for TVRM events.
• Develops and solicits contributions to TVRM projects.
• Develops new events to increase visitation.
• Establishes and maintains department records and reports.
Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars.
• Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department initiatives in relation to established goals.
Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
Competencies • Business Acumen.
• Salesmanship • Customer Service
• Communication. • Consultation.
• Critical Evaluation. • Global & Cultural Awareness.
• Leadership & Navigation. • Relationship Management.
• Ethical Practice. Supervisory Responsibility
This position largely works as a single person department but will have supervisory oversite for customer service and event staff as required to maximize visitor expectations.
Work Environment This job operates in a professional office environment.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear.
The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position.
Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work.
Travel Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
A bachelor's degree in Marketing, Not-Profit Management or other business-related area plus five years’ experience is required.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Location/Region: Chattanooga, TN (US - 37421)