An Onsite Driver has the general responsibility for operating the assorted vehicles maintained and utilized at Tranco Logistics for the feeding of the VW Chattanooga plant. .
A Driver is expected to work with other employees to effectively meet or exceed expectations for quality and operations.
- Has the primary function of operating vehicles.
- Make sure to deliver loads in a timely manner.
- Use radio for communication.
- Use all features of shunt truck to allow for quick transfer of product.
- Maintain an F endorsement or Commercial driver’s License.
- Maintain clean driving record.
- Possesses the ability to read and follow operating procedures.
- Must accurately document all work performed on inspection reports and receiving/shipping documents.
- Performs additional duties as required under the direction of the Operation Manager/Assistant Operation Manager.
- Adheres to safety guidelines.
- Maintains cleanliness of vehicles and equipment.
- Performs job duties with no assistance or supervision. Independent judgment is required.
- Be able to read, write and speak fluent English
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required
- Meet all applicable DOT requirements.
- Knowledge of driving truck
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 70 pounds
- Occasionally move and/or lift up to 100 pounds (with assistance)
- Work is performed in a low noise, well maintained environment with the associated hazards of driving.
- Requires Commercial Drivers License.
- Requires TN. F endorsement.
- Requires special skills based on extensive training and experience.
- Decision Making & Problem Solving: Able to make clear and accurate decisions.
- Policies and Procedures: Able to conform to all established procedures and work activities.
- Interaction: Able to communicate well verbally and in writing and work well in a team environment.
- Versatility: Able to respond to changing priorities with minimum disruption.
- Analytical Problem Solving: Able to use a systematic approach in solving problems by researching, developing, and evaluating alternative solutions.
Initiative: Able to function with no supervision
Qualified candidates please submit an applicationfor review.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
About this company
TRANCO is located in Chattanooga, TN – the “crossroads of the South”. We are a growing full service 3PL company offering the following Supply Chain solutions to businesses of all types; Transportation, 3PL Warehousing, Distribution, Supply Chain Management and Real-Estate services.
Location/Region: Chattanooga, TN (US)