As a key member of the Senior Leadership Team, the Marketing Director is responsible for marketing strategy development, budget management, and team leadership working with the Manager of Creative and Marketing Operations at R&R Marketing to execute these responsibilities for the brands and business across See Rock City, Inc. entities and locations. Under the direction of the President, the Marketing Director is responsible for performing the following duties:
· Leads in accordance with Culture of Excellence and operational goals.
· Ensures delivery of excellent guest service in all aspects of guest service, both internally and externally.
· Models appropriate guest and partner interaction at all times, displaying the values of the Culture of Excellence and leading in a manner that serves as an organizational model for the values.
· Participates in annual strategic and operational planning for the organization.
· Develops and maintains a working knowledge of all aspects of the organization’s business lines and brands to maximize marketing program effectiveness in design and implementation.
· Provides strategic input and recommendations on new product development.
· Plans, develops and directs marketing efforts for all paid, owned and earned marketing channels. This includes advertising, production, promotion, public relations, media relations, media buying, distribution, social media, and R&D in support of the organization. Coordinates the same for shared promotions with Lookout Mountain Attractions and the member attractions.
· Spearheads strategy and support, in cooperation with other business partners, in relation to group sales initiatives.
· Develops and executes marketing budget and plans.
· Collaborates with advertising agencies to communicate strategy and focused messaging.
· Extends brand strategy from external marketing materials and online development to on-site opportunities.
· Participates in driving multi-attraction efforts, in coordination with Lookout Mountain Attractions partners, the CVB, and other agencies for See Rock City, Inc. and other area attractions.
· Maintains network and relationships with tourism industry and professional community to maximize cooperative marketing initiatives.
· Provides management of sponsorships, where needed, including review, valuation and fulfillment.
· Performs regular Manager-on-Duty (MOD) shifts.
· Generates, maintains and analyzes accurate and timely reports related to marketing initiatives, effectiveness and opportunities. Manages analytic data tools to provide reporting on reach, ROI, and advertising equivalency.
· Serves as a backup for Public Relations & Social Media, as needed.
· Serves as a Crisis Communication team member, as needed.
· Performs other duties as assigned by management.
· Possess an outgoing, friendly personality and the desire to provide quality service to internal and external customers.
· Ability to convey a conservative and professional image to partners and guests.
· Previous supervisory and leadership experience, with a focus on team synergy and high performance.
· Possess excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite as well as a range of marketing and design software.
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or closely related field required.
· Minimum five years related experience required; experience in multi-site and/or multi-brand leadership preferred; experience in tourism/hospitality preferred.
· Proven record in growing and managing advertising channels and campaigns.
· Strong knowledge of brand development principles, marketing campaign development and effective execution, and current best practices in managing print and digital marketing campaigns.
· Knowledge of budgeting and forecasting.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Superior attention to detail.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a group of managers, guests, or the general public; read and analyze business correspondence; to develop and write reports.
· Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively.
· Must be able to work nights, weekends, & holidays as needed.
· Must be able to travel occasionally.
· Required to regularly use hands and fingers. Must be able to lift/move up to 25 pounds. Required to stoop, kneel, or crouch occasionally. Required to walk trail regularly.
See Rock City, Inc. specializes in creating memories worth repeating not only for our guests, but for our partners who work here as well. With locations atop beautiful Lookout Mountain, in downtown Chattanooga, and the surrounding Chattanooga Valley, we have found unique ways to serve our guests and have fun at the same time! In addition to the world-famous Rock City Gardens, See Rock City, Inc. owns and operates a number of locations, including Battles for Chattanooga Museum, Starbucks on Lookout Mountain, Grandview, Rock City's Enchanted MAiZE, Clumpies Ice Cream Co., and the admissions, concessions and retail teams at The Incline Railway. With so many opportunities within SRC, Inc., there is sure to be a perfect fit for you!