To perform engineering and product development work. Implement the manufacturing of new products/new processes at Arcade. Assure that new products meet our customer expectations. To be the technical expert for appropriate manufacturing processes.
1. Design and install new manufacturing processes to support business growth and efficiency improvements.
2. Oversee and support line trials; Provide SOC details and documentation to Engineering Department.
3. Train or coordinate the training of operators in using the new manufacturing processes. (This includes assistance in developing SOPs.)
4. Document the quality capabilities and limitations of the new manufacturing processes.
5. Focus on Packette, Tube and Vial production lines utilizing existing equipment and suggesting alternative technologies when needed.
6. Review, design and implement alternative dispensing methods for our fragrance and cosmetic lines.
7. Review and recommend plant layout improvement opportunities.
8. Undertake other special projects at the direction of the Director, Engineering.
9. Contact equipment and material suppliers in order to achieve above duties/responsibilities.
10. Take action to assure confidentiality of Arcade’s proprietary equipment, materials, and processes.
1. Support and be back up for other Application/Process Engineer
2. Fill in for Director, Engineering as needed.
3. Assist Maintenance Departments with equipment problems.
4. Other duties, as assigned.
1. Associates degree required, Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Technical field, preferably Engineering based.
2. Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Engineering or Maintenance in packaging/filling processes.
1. Must be able to work on the manufacturing floor and comfortable making machine adjustments.
1. Must be detail-oriented.
2. Must be mechanically inclined.
3. Attention to safety when working around production equipment.
1. Must have a strong knowledge of manufacturing equipment for the industry.
2. Knowledge of pumping and dispensing equipment.
3. Analysis (Problem Identification)
6. Judgment (Problem Solution)
7. Planning and Organizing
8. Safety Awareness
9. Technical/Professional Knowledge