Extended Coverage Representative
Job Summary: The Extended Coverage Representative maintains and ensures service is being met for all orders on the carrier sales team. The Extended Coverage Representative will increase GP by covering RTI’s freight through managing a portfolio of carrier accounts with specific measurable goals. This role works with carrier sales, customer sales, account management and customer service rep teams to define success for each customer and ensure RTI customers receive the best possible experience.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Demonstrate solid understanding of logistics and transportation with ability to foresee potential service issues.
· Provide shipment level support to carrier sales team.
· Escalate issues within appropriate channels to insure visibility.
· Work with team manager to understand all customer information and needs to accurately provide the best service for each order.
· Understand all functionality within the company’s system to provide accurate updates to team and/or customers.
· Enter correct data in the system so each team member can accurately perform daily responsibilities.
· Work with carriers and customers with accessorial charges that occur while providing accurate information to team manager, broker, and customer service representative.
· Procure consistent capacity from carriers.
· The schedule for this position is Monday through Thursday: 6:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m.
Physical Working Conditions:
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Cubicle environment
- Continuous noise level
- Creative problem solver
- High attention to detail
- Goal oriented and motivated
- Positive Attitude
- Hard work ethic and quality performance
- Strong Communication skills
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Goal/quota attainment
- Business acumen and skill competency growth
- Experience: 1-2 years in transportation logistics preferred
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred
Riverside Transport was founded in the fall of 1993 with 10 Owner Operators, 20 Trailers, and a philosophy that still holds true today. “Our vision is to be the top performer in all that we do.” We strive to be a top employer, provide superior service to our customers, and earn corporate respect from our competitors, so that we can be the company that everyone looks up to. Our 18 year history is proof that we are here to stay and can provide a stable partnership for our employees and customers. Today Riverside Transport operates over 1300 pieces of equipment and employs close to 500 people. We have Operation terminals in Kansas City, KS, Owensboro, KY and Neenah, WI. Our freight network ranges from Over the Road Long Haul, Short haul Regional, Local, and Dedicated. We have one of the most innovative Lease Purchase Programs in the industry, where payments are structured so that a driver can always get a paycheck, even while on time off. We also have a solid core of Owner Operators, who pride themselves with carrying RTI’s banner.