Title: ACCOUNTING MANAGER
Reports to: Director of Accounting
Status: Full-Time, Salary
Supports the finance and accounting team of See Rock City, Inc. entities by managing day-to-day general accounting and
financial functions under the supervision of the Director of Accounting. Accounting Manager is responsible for
performing the following duties:
• Ensures excellent guest service in all aspects, both internally and externally.
• Models appropriate guest and partner interaction at all times, displaying the values of the culture of excellence and
leading in a manner that serves as an organizational model for the values.
• Manages and oversees the daily operations of the accounting team including accounts payable/receivable processing,
cash receipts, general ledger, treasury, capital assets reconciliation, weekly check runs, fixed asset activity.
• Ensures financial reporting deadlines are met in a timely manner.
• Monitors and analyzes team’s work to develop more efficient processes and procedures with the use of resources that
will garner a high level of accuracy enhances workflow of daily operations.
• Maintains the current accounting controls, policies and procedures and coordinates the implementation of new
systems, controls and procedures as necessary.
• Facilitates the process of providing required documents to the auditors and works with the Director to ensure annual
audits are clean and timely. (Financial, WC and GL)
• Compiles and distributes monthly and annual financial statements within the guidelines of the scheduled calendar.
• Assists in preparing monthly/yearly closing entries and financial statements.
• Reconciles balance sheet and bank accounts.
• Prepares analysis of accounts as needed.
• Performs daily banking activity and monitors/resolves bank issues.
• Directs the processes of filing monthly sales and use tax and personality tax returns.
• Develops and maintain fixed assets processes and associated depreciation schedules.
• Provides assistance with the annual budget and forecasting activities.
• Leads the accounting team, including work delegations, evaluation and performance management.
• Assigns projects and directs team to ensure compliance and accuracy.
• Performs regular manager on duty shifts.
• Adheres to organization’s processes and procedures, ensuring these are consistently followed at all times.
• Creates weekly schedules for accounting team partners, ensuring all shifts are efficiently staffed, and approves time
sheets for team members.
• Performs other duties as assigned by management.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or closely related field required.
• Minimum 5 years related accounting experience required.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a group of managers, guests, or the general
public; read and analyze business correspondence; to develop and write reports.
• Must have understanding and application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Must possess excellent computer skills and be proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook. Prior experience with
Great Plains – Dynamics, Evolution, and QuickBooks strongly preferred. Experience with Point of Sale software a
• Ability to effectively lead a team or up to 3-5 people.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide with the ability to do so using US currency.
• Required to regularly use hands and fingers. Ability to lift/move up to 15 pounds. Required to walk, stoop, kneel or
• Has a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Superior attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively.
• Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
About this company
See Rock City, Inc. specializes in creating memories worth repeating not only for our guests, but for our partners who work here as well. With locations atop beautiful Lookout Mountain, in downtown Chattanooga, and the surrounding Chattanooga Valley, we have found unique ways to serve our guests and have fun at the same time! In addition to the world-famous Rock City Gardens, See Rock City, Inc. owns and operates a number of locations, including Battles for Chattanooga Museum, Starbucks on Lookout Mountain, Grandview Event Center, Rock City’s Enchanted MAiZE, Clumpies Ice Cream Co, and the admissions, concessions and retail teams at The Incline Railway. With so many opportunities within SRC, Inc., there is sure to be a perfect fit for you!
Location/Region: Lookout Mountain, TN