Title: IT MANAGER
Reports to: Director of Accounting
Status: Full Time, Exempt
The IT Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the IT function across all See Rock City, Inc. entities and locations, including leading the implementation and maintenance of infrastructure assets in line with the organization’s strategic initiatives. Under the direction of the Director of Accounting, the IT Manager is responsible for performing the following duties:
• Leads team in accordance with Culture of Excellence and operational goals.
• Ensures excellent guest service in all aspects, both internally and externally.
• Models appropriate guest and partner interaction at all times, displaying the values of the Culture of Excellence and leading in a manner that serves as an organizational model for the values.
• Manages the IT function across all of See Rock City, Inc.’s brands and locations, responsible for the strategic and functional oversight of all IT systems.
• Works alongside Director to create annual budget for all IT team and infrastructure needs as well as manages projects/expenses to budget on an ongoing basis.
• Coordinates project management with outside vendors, IT team, management, and others across the organization, as needed.
• Plans and manages IT projects across the organization, serving as the on-site business intelligence expert.
• Troubleshoots specific systems and processes, utilizing helpdesk software in order to bring issues to resolution and track effectiveness and timeliness for ongoing evaluation.
• Leads the IT Help Desk Technician, including work delegation, evaluation and performance management.
• Utilizing a variety of tools/systems, assembles data and generates reports related to help desk ticket completion, hardware inventory and location, lease renewal schedule, and others related to the IT function.
• Coordinates and maintains IT vendor relationships to maximize IT initiatives.
• Follows-up with end-users regarding IT needs and system refinement.
• Creates weekly schedule for IT team, ensuring that all shifts are efficiently staffed.
• Performs regular Manager-on-Duty (MOD) shifts.
• Adheres to organizational processes and procedures, ensuring these are consistently followed at all times.
• Specific technical responsibilities include:
o Responsible for the proper function and design of LAN and WAN communications.
o Troubleshooting experience to determine network performance issues.
o Defining and implementing Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity initiatives.
o Develop documentation of network resources and IT specific job workflows.
o Diagnose connectivity problems with remote clients as well as hardware problems with broadband modems, printers, cables, & IP telephone systems.
o Setup & configuration of many types of server technologies, including:
? Windows Server
? Sharepoint/Office 365
? SQL Server
o Complete hardware support for client locations including server & workstation hardware, switches, routers, firewalls, and Wireless Access Points.
o Onsite desktop support as well as phone support.
o Data migration & application upgrades for client’s servers & workstations.
o Setup & design of Active Directory, DNS, & Group Polices on Windows 2003 Server.
o WatchGuard firewalls including point to point VPNs.
o SQL Server administration, queries, data warehousing and BI.
• Performs other duties as assigned by management.
• Bachelor’s degree in related (IT) field, three to five years related experience; or equivalent combination of both.
• Possesses an outgoing, friendly personality and the desire to provide quality service to internal and external customers.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey a conservative and professional image to partners and guests.
• Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA).
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a group of managers, guests, or the general public; read and analyze business correspondence; to develop and write reports.
• Knowledgeable with VMWARE, Dell Switches, Cisco routers, Microsoft Windows Server and MS Desktop Pro O/S
• Familiar with SQL and data analytics
• Ability to travel occasionally.
• Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively.
• Must be able to work nights, weekends, & holidays as needed.
• Required to regularly use hands and fingers. Must be able to lift/move up to 25 pounds. Required to stoop, kneel, or crouch occasionally. Required to walk trail regularly
About this company
See Rock City, Inc. specializes in creating memories worth repeating not only for our guests, but for our partners who work here as well. With locations atop beautiful Lookout Mountain, in downtown Chattanooga, and the surrounding Chattanooga Valley, we have found unique ways to serve our guests and have fun at the same time! In addition to the world-famous Rock City Gardens, See Rock City, Inc. owns and operates a number of locations, including Battles for Chattanooga Museum, Starbucks on Lookout Mountain, Grandview Event Center, Rock City’s Enchanted MAiZE, Clumpies Ice Cream Co, and the admissions, concessions and retail teams at The Incline Railway. With so many opportunities within SRC, Inc., there is sure to be a perfect fit for you!
Location/Region: Lookout Mountain, TN