Title: INNOVATION SPECIALIST
Reports to: Senior Manager of Innovation
Status: Full Time, Hourly
Working across all subdivisions of the Innovation team, the Innovation Specialist assists Special Projects, Special Events and the Senior Manager of Innovation in the creation, construction, maintenance, renovation and installation of all property and event elements within the purview of the Innovation Team’s responsibilities. These responsibilities are spread across all aspects of the physical property of Rock City Gardens, seasonal Special Events projects as well as properties owned or maintained by See Rock City, Inc.
• Leads in accordance with Culture of Excellence and operational goals.
• Models appropriate guest and partner interaction at all times.
• Working with and across all subdivisions of the Innovation Team to realize the goals of the team and ultimately, enhance the guest experience.
• Works independently or with little supervision to complete tasks by deadlines.
• Participates and assists in the construction, installation, tear down, and storage of new or seasonal attraction elements as well as evaluation, repair and renovation of existing permanent park elements.
• Reports directly to the Senior Manager of Innovation and works with the Special Projects Manager, Special Events Manager and Guest Experience Coordinator on a project basis to execute the plans of the Innovation Team.
• Maintains storage areas, jobsites and workspaces in a manner consistent with our Culture.
• Possess an outgoing, friendly personality and the desire to provide quality service.
• Education and experience in fine arts and/or visual art production preferred.
• Ability to visualize and implement creative concepts based upon a drawn plan or written description.
• Experience with basic carpentry skills and familiarity with hand tools, as well as the ability to take and read measurements, work with fractions, scale drawings and more challenging math concepts and how they relate to design and construction.
• Experience in scene painting, airbrush, and sculpture.
• Ability to work well in a team environment.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
• Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel and crouch; Use hands to lift up to 75 pounds.
About this company
See Rock City, Inc. specializes in creating memories worth repeating not only for our guests, but for our partners who work here as well. With locations atop beautiful Lookout Mountain, in downtown Chattanooga, and the surrounding Chattanooga Valley, we have found unique ways to serve our guests and have fun at the same time! In addition to the world-famous Rock City Gardens, See Rock City, Inc. owns and operates a number of locations, including Battles for Chattanooga Museum, Starbucks on Lookout Mountain, Grandview Event Center, Rock City’s Enchanted MAiZE, Clumpies Ice Cream Co, and the admissions, concessions and retail teams at The Incline Railway. With so many opportunities within SRC, Inc., there is sure to be a perfect fit for you!
Location/Region: Lookout Mountain, TN