Physical Therapist Assistant
Health Center at Standifer Place
The Physical Therapist Assistant is a skilled technical provider of physical therapy treatments and related duties. The PTA works under the supervision and direction of the Physical Therapist in accordance with the regulations and rules of the state in which they are practicing.
- Associates Degree from an APTA accredited Physical Therapist Assistant Program.
- Currently licensed under the statues of the state in which the assistant will be practicing if the state so requires.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, methods, materials and equipment used in physical therapy.
- Knowledge of the possible hazards to patients and necessary precautionary measures during treatment.
- Ability to understand and follow the directions of the physical therapist pertaining to treatment programs, documentation and the policies and procedures of the location served.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, family and other personnel and to obtain their cooperation in the treatment prescribed.
- Must demonstrate professional attitude, behavior and appearance.
- Ability to work cooperatively with all departments and disciplines following established policies, procedures or guidelines of the location served.
- Ability to perform the mental, physical, and emotional requirements of the job.
- Must be able to take direction from the Physical Therapist in an accurate and professional manner.
- Able to lift 50-60 pounds, as needed.
- Able to transfer, lift, and guard patients safely with appropriate level of assistance and without likelihood of injury to the patient or self.
- Able to bend, stoop, squat, and lift numerous times daily.
- Able to carry out fine motor and manual dexterity skills required to perform physical therapy treatments for the assigned caseload.
- Able to see and hear adequately in order to respond to auditory and visual needs and clinical indications of the assigned caseload.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide physical therapy services as directed by the physical therapist.
- Assist the physical therapist when performing tests and treatment procedures.
- Observe, record and report to the therapist, the conditions, reactions, and responses of patients.
- Assist the therapist in consulting with patients, family, and other health care professionals as appropriate.
- Assist the physical therapist with in-service programs or other duties as assigned by physical therapist.
- Maintain documentation according to procedures of the location served and assure that legal and third party reimbursement requirements are met.
- Assist with regular checks for safety, care, and cleaning of equipment and maintenance of safe, clean and professional work area and other related items as requested.
- Must be able to maintain patient information as confidential.
- Must be aware of the effects, consequences, and ramifications of treatment procedures.
- Assist physical therapist as directed in performing public relations functions including contacts with the medical and general community in promoting physical therapy services.
- Assuring Resident Safety
About this company
The Health Center at Standifer Place has evolved into a unique, comprehensive facility. From homecare, to assisted living to compassionate hospice care, HCSP provides options for successive stages of life and changing levels of ability. Providing the highest quality medical care for our residents is a commitment we take seriously.
Our services are provided by compassionate professionals including staff physicians, nurse practitioners, licensed nurses, physical, occupational and speech therapists, respiratory therapists, social workers, dietitians, recreational therapists, and a chaplain. To ensure the best possible care, our team of professionals tailor programs to meet each resident's specific needs. The rehabilitation staff has one goal: to facilitate the optimal and realistic recovery of residents through physical, occupational, and speech therapy. We have over 20 licensed therapists on staff to serve in these three therapy disciplines. HCSP provides 7 day a week therapy to better meet the needs of our clients by aiding in quicker recovery and a faster return to home The Health Center at Standifer Place has a specialized respiratory rehabilitation unit with registered respiratory therapists on-site at all times. The goal of our respiratory therapy program is to maximize respiratory function for residents with lung disorders. As an added benefit we provide free training for residents and families on specialized respiratory equipment and procedures for residents that discharge home Our approach to healthcare is centered on the holistic needs of each resident regardless of age, diagnosis, or need. Customer satisfaction is one of our primary goals, so that families have peace of mind knowing their loved ones are in the hands of people who truly care.
Location/Region: Chattanooga, TN