Medical Appointment Companion
Health Center at Standifer Place
- Medical Appointment Companion accompanies patients to and from their doctor appointments, diagnostic exams, procedures, ect. Companions will report back to the nurses any information necessary for patients care.
- Medical Appointment Companions are responsible for ensuring that service is delivered in a caring and respectful manner, in accordance with relevant Agency policies and industry standards.
- Ensure client’s safety and security by supervising the patient.
- Provide companionship including social interactions, conversations, emotional reassurance and encouragement during the clients visit.
- Report to nurse clients with following a written, special diet plan and reinforcement of diet maintenance which is provided from the direction of a Physician.
- Escort clients to medical facilities, diagnostic testing, procedures according to the plan of care.
- Ensure service is delivered in accordance with all relevant policies, procedures and practices.
- Evaluate the program and make recommendations to it, as indicated.
- Carry out duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Observe clients and their environments and reports unsafe conditions to Supervisor.
- Observe clients and their environments and reports behavior, physical and/or cognitive changes and/or changes in living arrangements to Supervisor.
- Complete and maintain records of daily activities, observations, and direct hours of service.
- Attend orientation, in-service training sessions and staff meetings.
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
- Make decisions and solve problems.
- Communicate with Supervisor and co-workers.
- Observe, receive and obtain information from relevant sources.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Knowledge of personal care.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing client and personal care services, including needs, determinants, meeting quality standard and evaluation of client satisfaction.
- Knowledge of the English language.
- Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat injuries including emergency first aid and CPR.
- Knowledge of clerical procedures such as maintaining records and completing forms.
About this company
The Health Center at Standifer Place has evolved into a unique, comprehensive facility. From homecare, to assisted living to compassionate hospice care, HCSP provides options for successive stages of life and changing levels of ability. Providing the highest quality medical care for our residents is a commitment we take seriously.
Our services are provided by compassionate professionals including staff physicians, nurse practitioners, licensed nurses, physical, occupational and speech therapists, respiratory therapists, social workers, dietitians, recreational therapists, and a chaplain. To ensure the best possible care, our team of professionals tailor programs to meet each resident's specific needs. The rehabilitation staff has one goal: to facilitate the optimal and realistic recovery of residents through physical, occupational, and speech therapy. We have over 20 licensed therapists on staff to serve in these three therapy disciplines. HCSP provides 7 day a week therapy to better meet the needs of our clients by aiding in quicker recovery and a faster return to home The Health Center at Standifer Place has a specialized respiratory rehabilitation unit with registered respiratory therapists on-site at all times. The goal of our respiratory therapy program is to maximize respiratory function for residents with lung disorders. As an added benefit we provide free training for residents and families on specialized respiratory equipment and procedures for residents that discharge home Our approach to healthcare is centered on the holistic needs of each resident regardless of age, diagnosis, or need. Customer satisfaction is one of our primary goals, so that families have peace of mind knowing their loved ones are in the hands of people who truly care.
Location/Region: Chattanooga, TN