Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Health Center at Standifer Place
EARN UP TO $13.50 PER HOUR ALONG WITH A $1.50 PER HOUR PERFECT ATTENDANCE INCENTIVE!!!!!
COME TAKE A TOUR OF OUR FACILITY AND ASK US ABOUT OUR SIGN ON BONUS.
Provides direct and indirect resident care activities under the direction of a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse. Assists residents with activities of daily living, provides for personal care, comforts and assists in the maintenance of a safe and clean environment for an assigned group of residents.
Supports the mission of HCSP exemplifies The Better Way through leadership and demeanor. Represents the center in a positive manner both in the medical community and in the community as a whole.
- Health â€“ Ability to meet performance requirements.
- Education and Training:
- Must be certified nursing assistant or currently enrolled in a nurse aide training program.
- Attend in-service programs, as assigned, to learn procedures, develop skills, and to meet state and federal requirements for health care providers and to maintain certification.
- Personal Qualifications:
- Sensitive to our residentâ€™s physical and psychosocial needs.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Able to read and write so that center charting requirements can be met.
- Pleasant and cheerful personality.
- Tactful and courteous approach with residents and visitors.
- Treat all resident information as confidential material by complying with all HIPPA regulations.
- Adhere to dress code as directed by center policy (see Personnel Manual.)
Responsible for handling and caring for residents in a manner conducive to their safety and comfort under the direction of licensed nurses and residentsâ€™ physicians.
- Physical Demands:
- Able to be on feet 7-8 hours per day.
- Able to lift 60-70 lbs. on a frequent basis.
- Able to bend, stoop, squat or twist frequently in a day.
- Able to see and hear adequately in order to respond to auditory and visual requests from residents.
- Able to speak clearly to adequately communicate with residents.
- Upper extremity mobility which does not impede fine motor coordination and manual dexterity.
- Report any medical conditions, such as communicable disease, that may interfere with providing direct resident care.
- Specific Duties and Responsibilities Required:
- Understands and practices universal precautions with all residents.
- Performs all assigned tasks/procedures and reports to charge nurse tasks not completed.
- Assists in the preparation for admission of residents.
- Assists in and accompanies residents during admission, transfer and discharge procedures.
- Provides postmortem care.
- Provides morning care, which may include bed bath, oral hygiene, combing hair, back care, dressing residents, changing bed linen, cleaning overbed table and bedside stand, straightening room, and other general care as necessary throughout the day.
- Provides evening care, which includes hands/face washing as needed, oral hygiene, special skin care, freshening linen, cleaning overbed tables, straightening room, and other general care as needed.
- Provides general nursing care such as positioning residents; lifting and turning residents; applying/utilizing special equipment; assisting in use of bedpan, urinal or commode; and ambulating the resident.
- Takes and records temperature, pulse, respiration, weight, height, blood pressure and intake and output measurements.
- Adheres to policies and procedures of the Department of Nursing.
- Participates in socialization activities on the unit and assists residents to activities.
- Turns and positions as ordered and/or as needed, making sure no rough surfaces are in direct contact with the body. Lifts and turns with proper and safe mechanics and with available resources.
- Checks for reddened areas or skin breakdown and reports to an RN or LPN.
- Ensures that residents are dressed properly and assists as necessary. Ensures that clothing is properly stored in dressers or on hangers. Ensures that all residents are clean and dry at all times.
- Checks unit for adequate linen and supplies.
- Restrains residents properly when ordered. Understands reason for restraint and suggests less restrictive measures if possiblle.
- Accompanies residents to appointments as directed.
- Provides reality orientation in daily care.
- Prepares residents for medical staff ordered diet, removes food trays and assists with meals or feeds residents.
- Distributes drinking water and other nourishment to residents.
- Performs general care activities for residents in isolation, adhering to the centerâ€™s Infection Control Policies.
- Answers residentsâ€™ call lights, anticipates residentsâ€™ needs, and makes rounds.
- Assists residents with handling and care of clothing and other personal property (including dentures, glasses, contact lenses, hearing aids and prosthetic devices).
- Collects and transports specimens as directed, following Infection Control P and P.
- Reports (and records when appropriate) changes observed in condition or behavior of residents.
- Familiar with Nursing Care Plans and contributes when new information available.
- Assists in maintaining a safe and clean environment, reports equipment that is out of order, reports other problems to the charge nurse, maintains appropriate handling of clean and soiled linen and stores supplies on the unit.
- Establishes and maintains interpersonal relationship with residents, family members, and other center personnel, while assuring confidentiality of resident information.
- Attends in-service education programs, as assigned, to learn new procedures, develop skills, and to maintain hours of education needed to maintain certification, etc.
- Practices careful, efficient and non-wasteful use of supplies and linen, and follows established charge procedures for resident charge items.
- Willingness to work with the realization that errors may have serious consequences for residents.
- Patience and tact in dealing with residents.
- Willingness to perform a variety of simple repetitive tasks.
- Subject to night, weekend and holiday duty.
- Able to establish and maintain relationships with residents, family members, and other center personnel, while assuring confidentiality of resident information.
- Assuring Resident Safety
Currently hiring for all shifts. 8 hour and 12 hour shifts.
About this company
The Health Center at Standifer Place has evolved into a unique, comprehensive facility. From homecare, to assisted living to compassionate hospice care, HCSP provides options for successive stages of life and changing levels of ability. Providing the highest quality medical care for our residents is a commitment we take seriously.
Our services are provided by compassionate professionals including staff physicians, nurse practitioners, licensed nurses, physical, occupational and speech therapists, respiratory therapists, social workers, dietitians, recreational therapists, and a chaplain. To ensure the best possible care, our team of professionals tailor programs to meet each resident's specific needs. The rehabilitation staff has one goal: to facilitate the optimal and realistic recovery of residents through physical, occupational, and speech therapy. We have over 20 licensed therapists on staff to serve in these three therapy disciplines. HCSP provides 7 day a week therapy to better meet the needs of our clients by aiding in quicker recovery and a faster return to home The Health Center at Standifer Place has a specialized respiratory rehabilitation unit with registered respiratory therapists on-site at all times. The goal of our respiratory therapy program is to maximize respiratory function for residents with lung disorders. As an added benefit we provide free training for residents and families on specialized respiratory equipment and procedures for residents that discharge home Our approach to healthcare is centered on the holistic needs of each resident regardless of age, diagnosis, or need. Customer satisfaction is one of our primary goals, so that families have peace of mind knowing their loved ones are in the hands of people who truly care.