Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Health Center at Standifer Place
COMPETITIVE SALARY WITH ALONG WITH ATTENDANCE AND MILEAGE INCENTIVES AVAILABLE WITH FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT FOR lICENSED NURSES. 7a - 7p, 7p - 7a, Weekends Please call 423-490-2187 for more information
Provides resident care by utilizing the nursing process in assessment, planning and implementation of care. Exhibits organizational abilities related to work flow and prioritizing resident care needs. Uses current standards of practice and follows current facility policy and procedures while providing resident care.
Supports the mission of HCSP and exemplifies The Better Way through leadership and demeanor. Represents the center in a positive manner both in the medical community and in the community as a whole.
- Health Ability to meet performance requirements
- Education and Training:
- Graduate from a nursing program accredited by the State.
- Maintains a current unencumbered licensed to practice in the state where employed
- Seeks opportunities for personal and professional growth. Attends continuing education offerings and through teaching and mentoring, contributes to the ongoing education of partners under his/her supervision
- Job Knowledge and Capabilities:
- Is responsible for maintaining clinical competency as evidenced by application of integrated nursing knowledge and skills, leadership and communication skills.
- Utilizes the nursing process in assessment, planning and implementing care.
- Exhibits organizational ability related to work flow, by prioritizing to meet the patient's care need.
- Integrates current standards of practice as well as local, state, and federal regulations related to nursing services in the care of patients.
- Practices continuous quality improvement thinking and problem solving skills.
- Physical Demands:
- Able to be on feet standing or walking 8-12 hours per day.
- Able to lift 60-70 lbs on occasional basis.
- Able to bend, stoop, squat and twist numerous times a day.
- Able to see and hear adequately in order to respond to auditory and visual requests.
- Able to speak in a clear and concise voice in order to communicate with patients effectively.
- Able to carry out fine motor skills and manual dexterity.
- Specific Duties and Responsibilities Required:
- Working with the interdisciplinary care team, to assure accurate patient assessment and to develop/revise individualized plans of care.
- Maintains open and ongoing communication with patients and families.
- Provide opportunity and encouragement for patients and their families to participate in decision making.
- Assure that nursing partners have been assigned duties
- Make rounds, with specific attention to high acuity patients
- Monitor unit/units to ensure that appropriate nursing care (according to established policies and procedures) is being provided and that the medical staff and families are being notified of changes in patients condition
- Assume responsibility for assisting with medications and treatments as needed.
- Assist with admitting patients and processing of medical staff orders as required.
- Assist with the hiring, supervision, and orientation of new nursing partners
- Assures the personal dignity and physical safety of each patient. Assist patients to attain the highest level of self-care possible.
- Assist the medical staff during rounds.
- Supervise nursing partners as assigned. Complete performance evaluations as required (two times per year).
- Make changes in staffing schedule as indicated by absence and illness and contact additional help to assure staffing levels are maintained in order to meet the care needs of patients.
- Carry out personnel disciplinary action(s) promptly and effectively as stated in personnel policies and amendments.
- Maintains the security of the premises and direct unauthorized persons coming on the premises to leave. Calls security for assistance as needed.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Relieve other shifts if needed.
About this company
The Health Center at Standifer Place has evolved into a unique, comprehensive facility. From homecare, to assisted living to compassionate hospice care, HCSP provides options for successive stages of life and changing levels of ability. Providing the highest quality medical care for our residents is a commitment we take seriously.
Our services are provided by compassionate professionals including staff physicians, nurse practitioners, licensed nurses, physical, occupational and speech therapists, respiratory therapists, social workers, dietitians, recreational therapists, and a chaplain. To ensure the best possible care, our team of professionals tailor programs to meet each resident's specific needs. The rehabilitation staff has one goal: to facilitate the optimal and realistic recovery of residents through physical, occupational, and speech therapy. We have over 20 licensed therapists on staff to serve in these three therapy disciplines. HCSP provides 7 day a week therapy to better meet the needs of our clients by aiding in quicker recovery and a faster return to home The Health Center at Standifer Place has a specialized respiratory rehabilitation unit with registered respiratory therapists on-site at all times. The goal of our respiratory therapy program is to maximize respiratory function for residents with lung disorders. As an added benefit we provide free training for residents and families on specialized respiratory equipment and procedures for residents that discharge home Our approach to healthcare is centered on the holistic needs of each resident regardless of age, diagnosis, or need. Customer satisfaction is one of our primary goals, so that families have peace of mind knowing their loved ones are in the hands of people who truly care.