Director, Student Conduct and Judicial Affairs
Chattanooga State is an educationally purposeful community where faculty, staff, and students share academic goals and strive for high standards that lead to the attainment of degrees and certificates, meaningful careers, and a committed citizenry of lifelong learners.
We value those who: · consistently act in the best interest of students and the College (who have their priorities right);
· get things accomplished (who execute);
· are transparent (who are direct, truthful, and non-manipulative);
· are positive in outlook (who see the glass as half-full); and
· build constructive workplace relationships (who are team players).
We have an opening for Director, Student Conduct and Judicial Affairs at our Chattanooga State campus!
The role will be responsible for the following:
Provides administrative leadership responsibilities of the Office of Student Conduct and Judicial Affairs.
2. The position facilitates the process for general complaints from students against other students, faculty members and/or staff and conditions or processes of the college.
3. Reviews incident reports and meets with involved parties.
Investigates and adjudicates student misconduct and other related disciplinary cases in accordance to established codes of conduct and policies.
4. Provides all case management for non-academic misconduct, from intake to sanction completion.
5. Works closely with staff, Campus Police, Counseling, and other constituents of the college community in situations involving campus civility and activities that affect student rights, freedoms and responsibilities.
6. The Director is a vital member of the Student Life and Judicial Affairs Department and provides leadership to other projects in the service of the Division of Student Affairs and the College community.
7. Training and Educational Presentations- Participates in developing and delivers Preventative Programming for the Campus Community.
8. Supervises the publishing and communication to the campus of all related student conduct policies, forms and documents.
9. Prepares annual reports.
Recommends, and implements data-driven changes as directed by the Dean of Student Engagement and Support Services.
10. Provides supervision for the Student Conduct Officer.Position Requirements:
--Education: Bachelor’s degree; -Experience: Minimum of 3 years of directly related experience.
Must demonstrate knowledge in student conduct processes including applicable laws such as the Clery Act, Title IX, the Campus Sexual Violence and Elimination Act (Campus SaVE), and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
Background demonstrating success in dealing with students, parents, administrators and faculty required.
Master’s Degree preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to: plan, organize, and supervise the work of staff and volunteers; gather and analyze data and situations and make appropriate decisions; establish and maintain a cooperative, productive, and effective working relationship with staff, and sensitivity to and respect for the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of Chattanooga State’s students, faculty, staff, alumni, donors, and the community.
(Salary Range: $46,891 min. to $57,152 max)
Closing Date: 7/28/2019 (Must be submitted by 5:00 p.m.
est.) Open Until Filled: No
Requisition Number: req2920
About this company
If you would enjoy a challenging job, friendly and helpful colleagues and an outstanding work environment, Chattanooga State Community College is a dynamic and vibrant place to work. As part of one of the nation’s largest systems of public higher education (Tennessee Board of Regents), we're glad you're considering a career with the ChattState.
The value of employment at Chattanooga State goes far beyond salary. As a potential employee, you will enjoy a full range of benefits, services and programs. Total compensation includes annual salary, a generous annual and sick leave program, 13 paid holidays, health and life insurance, retirement, 401(k) and more. Please review Chattanooga State's benefit options.
Location/Region: Chattanooga, TN (37406)