Sonographer Job Details
Facility: CHI Memorial
Location: Hixson, TN
Job Type: Part Time
The Staff Sonographer performs departmental ultrasound examinations, assists the radiologists during procedures, produces high quality images.
Serves the following age – specific patient populations: pediatrics, adolescents, adults and geriatrics.
Uses two patient identifiers
Compares doctor’s order to requisition for accuracy
Performs the correct exam
Includes all anatomy required to produce an adequate exam.
5. Practices safe use of Cidex when cleaning probes
Routinely demonstrates the ability to prioritize workload.
7. Coordinates multiple exams into the proper sequence to ensure no conflicts of exams.
8. Assesses the doctor’s order and the patient’s diagnosis to determine optimal images.
9. Assesses patient’s condition, comfort, and safety during procedures.
10. Observes and reports to physician any change in patient’s condition during the procedure.
11. Communicates accurate patient information in a timely manner to peers, physicians, and other
12. Uses all diagnostic, computer, and communication equipment within safe limits.
13. Other duties as assigned by management.
Education High School graduate or equivalent required.
American Heart Association (AHA) BCLS Certification required.
Graduate of accredited school of radiologic technology and/or a graduate of a 1-year Ultrasound program desired
ARDMS registered preferred. Experience
One to two years ultrasound experience.
Equipment/Skills All Diagnostic Imaging approved instrumentation, computers and communication equipment.
Additional Information Requisition ID: 2019-R0229010
Schedule: Part-time Shift: Day Job
Market: CHI Memorial
About this company
Memorial Health Care System is a not-for-profit, faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to the healing ministry of the Church. Founded by the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth and strengthened as part of Catholic Health Initiatives, it offers a continuum of care including preventative, primary and acute hospital care, as well as cancer and cardiac care, orthopedic and rehabilitation services. Memorial is a regional referral center of choice with 4,000 associates and more than 700 affiliated physicians providing health care throughout Southeast Tennessee and North Georgia. Memorial Health Care System is recognized as one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® by Thomson Reuters, the health care industry's leading source of information on hospital quality.
Location/Region: Chattanooga, TN (37404)