Paramedic Job Details
Facility: CHI Memorial
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Department: Emergency Medical Services Job Type: Part Time
Shift: 12 Hour Variable
Important Notice: Nicotine is part of our pre-employment drug screen.
Job Summary The Paramedic is responsible for the delivery of patient care under the guidelines of the Tennessee Department of Public Health – EMS Board, the Georgia Department of Public Health – Office of EMS and Trauma, as well as the guidance of the department Medical Director.
The Paramedic will deliver care in the pre-hospital setting under the treatment protocols set forth and approved by the Director of EMS and the Medical Director.
1. The Paramedic will provide emergency medical treatment and transport to the sick and injured under his care in accordance with all applicable laws and department protocols and procedures.
2. The Paramedic will document all patient care performed in the approved Patient Care Report program, using the required format.
3. The Paramedic will ensure that all required paperwork is completed and turned in by end of shift.
4. The Paramedic will ensure that his/her equipment is in a state of readiness and cleanliness at the beginning of each shift and their ambulance is fully stocked in accordance with departmental procedures.
5. The Paramedic will report any deficiencies and/or mechanical issues with their supplies, equipment, or vehicle to a supervisor in a timely fashion.
They will restock the unit as necessary.
6. The Paramedic will attend any required education that is deemed necessary by the Director or the Medical Director.
7. The Paramedic will be responsible for his/her licensure and the required education for renewal.
Education will be provided by the Department but it is the Paramedic’s responsibility to ensure they have enough credits for their own renewal.
8. The Paramedic will perform any other duties as requested by a supervisor, the EMS Operations Manager, or Director of EMS.
High school graduate or equivalent. Graduate of an accredited school of paramedics/sciences.
License and Certifications
Tennessee Paramedic License American Heart Association BLS and ACLS
Valid State Driver's License (If TN license, the F endorsement is required)
Either the following will be required within 6 months of hire:
State of Georgia Paramedic license/National Registry License (In order to obtain GA license)
Any 1 of the following Pediatric certifications (will be required within 6 months of hire): American Heart Association- PALS, National Assoc.
of EMTs- EPC, or American Academy of Pediatrics- PEPP
Either of the following trauma certifications (will be required within 6 months of hire: American College of Emergency Physicians- ITLS or National Association of EMTs- PHLS
Either of the following driving course: Emergency Vehicle Operations Course- EVOC or Certified Emergency Vehicle Operator- CEVO
Requisition ID: 2019-R0233816 Schedule: Part-time
Shift: Variable Market: CHI Memorial
About this company
Memorial Health Care System is a not-for-profit, faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to the healing ministry of the Church. Founded by the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth and strengthened as part of Catholic Health Initiatives, it offers a continuum of care including preventative, primary and acute hospital care, as well as cancer and cardiac care, orthopedic and rehabilitation services. Memorial is a regional referral center of choice with 4,000 associates and more than 700 affiliated physicians providing health care throughout Southeast Tennessee and North Georgia. Memorial Health Care System is recognized as one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® by Thomson Reuters, the health care industry's leading source of information on hospital quality.
Location/Region: Chattanooga, TN (37404)