Student Help Desk Technician (Library) Chattanooga State is an educationally purposeful community where faculty, staff, and students share academic goals and strive for high standards that lead to the attainment of degrees and certificates, meaningful careers, and a committed citizenry of lifelong learners.
We value those who: · consistently act in the best interest of students and the College (who have their priorities right);
· get things accomplished (who execute);
· are transparent (who are direct, truthful, and non-manipulative);
· are positive in outlook (who see the glass as half-full); and
· build constructive workplace relationships (who are team players).
We have an opening for Student Help Desk Technician (Library) at our Chattanooga State campus!
The role will be responsible for the following:
Answers student technology questions received through the online Help Request form as well as through standard forms of communication.
- Troubleshoots student devices for use with various educational technologies.
- Provides technology support for all library users and staff.
- Provides assistance and troubleshooting with library computers, copiers, printers, and other resources and devices.
- Maintains iPads used in library instruction.
- Provides password and login assistance for users.
- Assists users in connecting to the college?s network with their own devices.
- Coordinates the front-line support for library print management system.
- Supervises library student employees as assigned.
- Assists the library Dean and staff in selecting appropriate hardware and software for Library Services.
- Maintains records of library computer hardware and software purchases and maintenance through inventory reports and audits.
- Assists campus Technology Division with maintaining library computers.
- Submits work orders to the campus Technology Division and follows up as needed.
- Serves as liaison to campus Technology Division to provide consistent user support, practices, and maintain seamless integration with other campus technologies.
- Monitors new trends in technologies which have application to library operations.
- Works collegially with campus colleagues, users and library staff.
- Actively participates in campus student recruitment and retention efforts.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned Position Requirements:
Education: - High school degree or equivalent Work experience: - One year of full-time experience (paid or volunteer) in computer tech support - Customer service experience
- Associates Degree or higher degree in Computer Science or other technical field - Experience working with an IT Support System or Help Desk Ticketing System.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Current knowledge of computer hardware, operating systems including MS Windows and Apple OS, applications software and computer keyboarding, and principles and techniques of computer hardware and software installations and maintenance.
Skills: Excellent written and oral communication skills; reading and interpreting documents, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals; writing reports, business correspondence, and procedures manuals; presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Abilities: Can evaluate situations and determine causes of hardware and software problems.
Work collegially with others as well as work independently.
Prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Lift up to 30 lbs. and retrieve and transport computer equipment.
Crawl under desks to plug in equipment.
Work Characteristics: Must have good interpersonal skills and be willing to be a team player.
Must be flexible, enthusiastic, and open-minded.
Possesses the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a collaborative environment.
Able to organize workload and multi-task effectively.
Strong work ethic and commitment to providing outstanding customer service.
Closing Date: 8/11/2019 (Must be submitted by 5:00 p.m.
est.) Open Until Filled: No
Requisition Number: req3008
About this company
If you would enjoy a challenging job, friendly and helpful colleagues and an outstanding work environment, Chattanooga State Community College is a dynamic and vibrant place to work. As part of one of the nation’s largest systems of public higher education (Tennessee Board of Regents), we're glad you're considering a career with the ChattState.
The value of employment at Chattanooga State goes far beyond salary. As a potential employee, you will enjoy a full range of benefits, services and programs. Total compensation includes annual salary, a generous annual and sick leave program, 13 paid holidays, health and life insurance, retirement, 401(k) and more. Please review Chattanooga State's benefit options.
Location/Region: Chattanooga, TN (37406)