Informatics Project Manager Job Details
Clinical Informatics- Epic
Manage the governance process and build collaborative partnership with clinical, operational and IT leadership.
Manage and lead the analysis, planning, implementation, expenditures and budget tracking of strategic Epic projects.
Manage multiple projects simultaneously and work with all levels of management to identify and lead initiatives to enhance the financial and quality goals.
Manage day-to-day assignments for cross-functional and assigned team members, and ensure compliance in the use of governance forms and processes, along with corporate standards.
Responsible for customer satisfaction as it relates to implementation of projects.
1. Manage and monitor the Epic governance process (local and cross-market, and ensure organizational objectives and metrics are being met by the projects and enhancements that are implemented.
2. Serve as primary contact with vendors; monitor vendor activities to ensure business objectives are cost effective and delivered timely.
Work closely with vendors to resolve all issues related to project implementations.
3. Provides oversight and management of all assigned projects (including upgrades) from initial kick-off through conclusion of project.
4. Assist in the formulation of long range strategic plans, provide input into project budget preparation, and review service delivery issues and/or areas for improvement.
5. Responsible for leading a team by delivering assignments and monitoring/reporting status to management; responsible for providing input to team evaluations.
6. Liaison with all levels of the organization including, administrators, senior executives, directors, leaders, and staff to communicate the strategy, monitor and communicate progress on tactical issues, and work closely with leaders to resolve/improve day-to-day processes and service delivery.
7. Escalate project issues as appropriate to project sponsors and leadership.
8. Understand, communicate, and follow overall strategy.
9. Participates in assigned committees or workgroups to serve as resource for Informatics.
10. Other duties as assigned by management.
Epic Proficient or Credentialed in primary module within one year of hire.
Five (5) years of experience with projects including planning, facilitating, and implementation.
Two (2) years of Epic project management experience.
Ability to adapt to new or changing environments
Strong critical thinking skills Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Epic Proficient or Credentialed in one or more modules
Experience working with an EMR
Masters Degree or Certification in Computer Science, MIS, Nursing, Informatics, HIT, Health Administration, or other related field.
Project Management Professional Certification
Requisition ID: 2019-R0247584 Schedule: Full-time
Shift: Day Job Market: CHI Memorial
About this company
Memorial Health Care System is a not-for-profit, faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to the healing ministry of the Church. Founded by the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth and strengthened as part of Catholic Health Initiatives, it offers a continuum of care including preventative, primary and acute hospital care, as well as cancer and cardiac care, orthopedic and rehabilitation services. Memorial is a regional referral center of choice with 4,000 associates and more than 700 affiliated physicians providing health care throughout Southeast Tennessee and North Georgia. Memorial Health Care System is recognized as one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® by Thomson Reuters, the health care industry's leading source of information on hospital quality.
Location/Region: Chattanooga, TN (37404)