Applications Engineer Full Time
Sales Chattanooga, TN, US
Requisition ID: 1002
Applications Engineer will be responsible for assisting and supporting sales staff on process heating equipment.
Industries that will be covered include petroleum production, natural gas production and distribution, food processing, roofing, petrochemical, chemical, packing and engineering companies among others.
General Functions • Prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain products to customers and sales team
• Confer with customers and sales team to asses equipment needs
• Help in researching and developing new products
• Design heat transfer equipment and accessories
• Perform costing of Company fabricated and acquired equipment
• Update price lists • Prepare and deliver equipment quotations / proposals to meet customer specifications with product availability, pricing, and order status
• Provide customers and sales team with product information
• Complete all required reports, forecasts, and other information that may be requested in a timely manner
• Provide complete information to facilitate order fulfillment
• Comply with all Heatec, Inc. and customer safety policies
• Participate in customer entertainment events as appropriate
• Expand job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
• Promote and educate others on Astec’s core values
• Follow company policies, standards and procedures at all times
This description is representative but not inclusive of all position responsibilities.
Associate may be asked from time to time to complete tasks not listed within the contents of this document, but that are relative to the goals of the business.
Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university preferred, related Associate degree will be considered
Experience: Experience in design, costing and/or sales or of capital equipment and related services is desirable.
Training for the candidate will be available for those willing to learn
Professional Skills: Must have strong interpersonal skills and communication skills.
Ability to effectively speak publicly and make presentations before groups is required.
Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required.
Must be able to work under pressure and function both independently and as a team player.
Willingness to assist in the development of improved work processes for the department required.
Role Specific Competencies: Must have a solid understanding of heat transfer.
Special Requirements: Must have a valid driver’s license and pass a background check, physical and drug screen.
Position will be scheduled Monday thru Friday.
This individual must be willing and able to stay later than scheduled at times to ensure customer (both internal and external) needs are met.
Some travel may be required. _____________________________________________________________________________
Americans with Disabilities Act
The company recognizes its responsibility to ensure that all qualified candidates (defined as individuals who can perform all essential job functions), are considered equally for employment and is prepared to make reasonable accommodations to ensure that disabled employees or candidates are not disadvantaged in the candidate selection process.
Civil Rights Act of 1964 Title VII The company recognizes its responsibility to ensure that all qualified candidates receive equal employment opportunity in the role regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or national origin.
Fair Labor Standards Act (as amended in 2004)
This role has been classified as exempt from consideration under current FLSA overtime requirements.
About this company
Heatec manufactures and markets a broad line of heaters and liquid storage tanks. These products are used at facilities that produce and supply materials for road construction, mostly hot-mix asphalt (HMA) plants, asphalt terminals, emulsion terminals and concrete producers. And our products are used by numerous other industries unrelated to road construction.
Location/Region: Chattanooga, TN (37410)