Tray Machine Operator Since 1927 Southern Champion Tray (SCT) has become a leading manufacturer and distributor of stock and custom paperboard packaging products for over 1,100 customers, such as Baskin-Robbins, Albertsons, Sysco, and Dairy Queen, in 13 countries across multiple industry segments, including bakery, restaurant/food-service, consumer packaged goods, and others.
Still privately-held as a third generation family owned and operated business, SCT remains firmly committed to fostering a healthy corporate culture focused on people and values, embodied by over 650 resourceful team members.
SCT's corporate office, production facility, and distribution center are located in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
SCT also has a custom packaging solutions division located in Mansfield, Texas, which has been perennially ranked by CNN/Money Magazine as one of the top 100 places to live in the United States.
More may be learned about SCT by visiting www.sctray.com.
SCT is an equal opportunity employer, and a drug-free workplace.
RESPONSIBILITY: Under the direction of the foreman as administered by the set up person, the operator has the full responsibility of the machine to insure that quality products are achieved at a constant rate of speed in accordance with machine standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned. SPECIFIC DUTIES:
Adjust machine as required to meet minimum production standards and minimize downtime and product waste.
2. Report any machine or product problems that prevent you from maintaining minimum production standards and minimize downtime and product waste.
3. Must assure that tooling is maintained properly and stored as instructed.
4. Report any defective or missing tooling to Maintenance Department.
5. Repairs should be completed before next run of this product.
6. The following procedure is to be followed during Start Up, After Lunch Start Up, and End of Run
Start Up Procedure
Fill out Production Report.
Oil Machine. Clean Glue Tips.
Repair or replace as needed. Check side lay measurement, adjust as needed.
(If applicable) Note any needed repairs.
Order any supplies needed for your shift.
Check blanks through machine for gluing and folding quality.
Make any needed adjustments. Bring machine up to minimum speed.
If everything is correct then bring up to target speed.
1. After Lunch Start Up Procedure
Clean glue tips.
Order any needed supplies. Bring machine up to target speed.
Check product quality and make any needed adjustments.
1. End of Run Procedure
The proper people should do any part on the machine or tooling that needs repairing or replacing at this time.
Check production report to assure all required information and special comments have been filled in and turn in required paperwork to respective locations.
1. Packing consists of picking up the blanks and inspecting for product quality, placing the blanks in proper counts into the case and running the case through the automatic case sealer.
2. The case is lifted and placed onto a wooden pallet.
3. The stacking arrangement for each case size will be shown in the Pallet Stacking Manual hanging on a post located near the tray machine.
4. The manual will also show the number of layers high to stack.
5. The maximum height is approximately 65 inches.
6. Place a tie sheet between each layer to keep the higher cases from falling over.
7. Once a pallet is full, call the stock puller on the paging system to move the pallet.
8. When the pallet is moved, place a new pallet down by the machine.
9. Keep the machine and work area clean.
10. Calculate scrap rate to assure job stays within allowable limits.
11. Adjust to and follow new procedures and innovations, which would add to the efficiency and safety of the operation.
This employee must be safety minded, able and willing to understand and follow all written and oral instructions and comply with all company policies and procedures as outlined in the Company Handbook.
2. Regular attendance and reporting for work on time are necessary requirements.
3. Availability for overtime work.
4. Attendance at training sessions when offered will be required.
5. Saturday work may be required.
Working on another shift may be required.
6. Must be conscientious and willing to assume responsibility.
JOB RATE AND TRAINING PERIOD: The supervisor will determine whether advancement has been made in a manner that warrants an increase in wages, and should give advice regarding performance areas on which to work to help each employee achieve maximum productivity as well as earning potential.
Progression wage increases will be based on performance evaluations conducted by supervision.
Wage increases are not an automatic part of the Performance Evaluation.
The top rate of any particular job is defined as the ?Ceiling Rate?.
The employee who is awarded the new position will initially receive a rate increase of not less than $.20 per hour above their current rate of pay unless this increase exceeds the Ceiling Rate of the new job.
Future progression wage increases will be based on performance evaluations conducted periodically by the supervisor.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee frequently is required to walk and talk or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
About this company
Southern Champion Tray has been a leading provider of paperboard packaging since 1927. We provide great packaging with distinctive service to the bakery, food service, and custom retail markets in all 50 states and abroad. We are committed to helping our team members and their families build a strong foundation, live healthier lifestyles, and stay active in the community, so we offer services to care for the whole person, including a 24-hour wellness center, on-site medical clinic, confidential personal counseling, financial classes, marriage enrichment, and more.
Location/Region: Chattanooga, TN (37405)