IT Systems Support Analyst Job Summary
Provide exceptional customer-focus to the administration of network, server, and client Windows desktop support.
Use discretion and independent judgment to address and solve technology related issues.
Use knowledge and expertise to conduct independent research and coordinate efforts to solve issues by identifying Internal/External resources.
Support the implementation of corporate and local business systems as well as the IT infrastructure required to support them.
Duties and Responsibilities 1.
Provide support to desktop/laptop equipment at assigned location for hardware/software installations, maintenance, tests, and upgrades.
2. Execute daily processes according to policy (backups, reports, documentation, and daily routines).
3. Responsible for facilitating clear understanding of all business processes, goals, and drivers in order to effectively support business systems, processes, and training solutions.
4. Identify, track and manage technology related issues via the available service desk tools.
5. Work closely with the Gestamp Network Administrator to solve issues and improve systems performance at assigned location.
6. Ensure the accuracy of information and data available to end-users and consult with end users to ensure each problem is solved to his or her satisfaction.
7. Test hardware and software, making necessary changes to correct any issues.
8. Provide remote PC support and troubleshooting.
9. Operate as a point of contact for any IT related problems for the location.
10. As part of the IT group, build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of IT and technical support.
11. Modify computer systems or applications using his or her knowledge, skills and abilities, documenting the steps used to resolve an issue.
12. Consult with end users to ensure each problem is solved to his or her satisfaction.
13. Interacts with other IT members from NA to restore service and/or identify and correct core problems.
14. Simulates or recreates end user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
15. Collaborates with management to achieve team goals and initiatives.
16. Uses independent judgment to determine which issues need to be escalated to management, vendors or suppliers.
17. Support the Company?s mission, vision, values and goals in performance of daily activities.
18. Maintain high standards of housekeeping throughout the work area.
19. Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization.
20. Participation in the Layered Process Audit schedule.
21. Participation in the Internal ISO 9001/IATF 16949 Audit schedule (applies only to certified ISO 9001/IATF 16949 internal auditors).
22. Participation and cooperation in answering questions and providing information for internal and external audits regarding or related to ISO 9001/IATF 16949, VDA 6.3, and customer standards.
23. Any other job duties deemed necessary or appropriate
Education and Experience 1. 4 year college degree in a computer related field OR equivalent work experience;
2. 2+ years in manufacturing environments;
3. 3+ years Help Desk/LAN support experience;
4. 2+ years supporting ERP solutions, SAP highly preferred;
5. 1+ years supporting EDI;
6. + years managing projects;
7. Desktop support experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities 1. Strong problem solving skills
2. Desktop support experience
3. Strong knowledge of MS Office applications
4. Knowledge of Windows Server 2003 and Citrix applications
5. Working familiarity with TCP/IP
6. Hardware / Software setup & maintenance
7. Backup Exec Backup Software
8. Network Printer Management
9. Ability to work independently with little supervision
10. Highly desirable: Active Directory knowledge, Microsoft Certifications (MCST), SAP manufacturing experience, ability to communicate in Spanish (written and spoken).
Physical and Mental Requirements of the Position
1. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
2. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle, manipulate, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, talk and hear
3. Employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
4. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time
5. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
6. The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
7. The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so other will understand
8. The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted
Mid-Senior level Employment type
Full-time Job function
ManufacturingInformation Technology Industries
About this company
At Gestamp, we are aware that people are the most important asset for developing and growing our business. That is why we take special care of our employees with Human Resources management based on:
• Care for health and safety
• Promotion of continuous learning and career development
• Equal opportunities
• Reconciliation of professional and personal life
• Respectful relationships with our employees
• Fostering of communication and participation
• Creation of social benefits
At Gestamp, we are strongly committed to encouraging effort and the drive to persevere. Joining the Group means working in a successful environment.
Gestamp is an international group dedicated to the design, development and manufacture of metal automotive components. The Group specializes in developing innovatively designed products to achieve increasingly safer and lighter vehicles, thereby reducing energy consumption and environmental impact.
Gestamp was founded in 1997 with the goal of being a global provider with a focus on technology. Since that time, Gestamp has grown steadily, progressively adding new products and technologies. This has made us leaders in the design and manufacture of automotive components and one of the leading manufacturers in the automotive industry worldwide.
In Gestamp growth and constancy are our specialty. Our challenge is to position ourselves at the forefront of innovation in the automotive sector. That is why we make every effort to research and develop breakthrough technologies.
We know that in order to progress we must remain close to our customers, so we are present in the big global manufacturing centers and own nearly 100 production facilities on four continents. We can thus offer our customers comprehensive solutions that cover the entire production process, from product concept to delivery at their assembly lines.
High business diversification by region, customers and products
Our expansion strategy is linked to the growth plans of our clients.
This geographic diversity enables us to take advantage of global growth opportunities and has mitigated the impact of fluctuations in regional demand during periods of economic crisis.
With the contribution of global solutions, we have become the benchmark supplier for the world's leading automobile manufacturers. The know-how and technological expertise we place at our customers' service has enabled us to become their strategic partner moving forward.
We have a diversified customer base that includes the 12 largest automakers by production volume, including Volkswagen, Renault-Nissan, PSA, Daimler, General Motors and BMW.
Originally, our portfolio consisted mainly of Body products and, to a lesser extent, Chassis products. With our 2011 acquisition of ThyssenKrupp Metal Forming, we considerably strengthened our position in Chassis products.
Moreover, the acquisition in 2010 of the Edscha components business unit, a leading manufacturer of mechanisms, has allowed us to further increase the range of products we can supply to automakers.
This product portfolio diversification has helped us strengthen our strategic relationships with automakers, who come to us for innovative solutions and high quality products that cover the entire value chain.
Gestamp responds to values that represent the foundation of our commitment to society.
We base our actions on four basic principles:
• The client as the center of the business:
The basis of our business lies in achieving and maintaining a client portfolio by developing and providing products that offer high value in terms of innovation, price, quality, safety and environmental impact.
We must be able to take the lead in providing the best solutions so that the business of each of our clients prospers, which requires having a thorough understanding of their needs in the short, medium and long term.
Building solid, honest and lasting relationships with our clients is what really sets us apart.
• Innovation as a means to progress:
Innovation enables us to consolidate the Group's leadership and to provide new alternatives for products and processes that bring value to clients and efficiency to our internal management. Our challenge is to be at the forefront of innovation in our sector, to be innovative and to get our clients to be aware of the differential value provided by Gestamp.
• Sustainability to ensure permanence in time :
We plan to grow and to be around for a long time. Financial strength, profitability, cautious risk management and respect for the different environments in which we operate are the best guarantees of our future. Winning the trust of our shareholders and business partners, complying with the laws of the countries where we operate, expressing our support for fundamental human rights and making health, safety and environment important issues.
• People as architects of success:
Talent, motivation and the ability to work as part of a team of people are essential assets for Gestamp's success. Promoting the personal and professional development of employees, which then brings about the fulfilment of other business objectives.
Since Gestamp’s foundation in 1997, we have been aware that people are the main asset for developing and growing our business. The success we have achieved over time could not have been achieved without all the employees who are currently part of our company.
The rapid growth we have experienced in recent years has led to the increase of our human resources which, in 2013, reached about 30,000 people around the world. As a result of the internationalization of the group, more than 80% of our employees work outside Spain.
In Gestamp, we believe that professional development is one of the keys to international success. Our professionals can be defined as:
• A very young team. 72% of our workers are under 45. That goes for our middle and senior managers, too.
• Tending towards stability. Over 90% of the group's labor contracts are indefinite, and staff turnover rates are very low.
• High level of qualification. As a result of the diversity of our products and the constant improvement in the technological contribution to our customers, 15% of our workforce are graduates, and 57% are at least skilled technicians.
Location/Region: Chattanooga, TN (37421)