PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN
2019-R0253459 Job Details
Facility: CHI Memorial
Location: Fort Oglethorpe, GA
Job Type: Full Time
Important Note: Nicotine is part of our pre-employment drug screen
The Patient Care Tech is a multi-skilled, non-licensed health care provider who provides direct patient care under the direction of a registered nurse or physician working within the ED/CDU.
Applies knowledge of growth and development to perform detailed assignments/interventions.
Provides consistent care based on the changing physical and psychosocial needs, unique to the patient.
Responsibilities of the Patient Care Tech include but are not limited to the following:
* Operate the following equipment: Computer, ultrasound Doppler, physiologic monitor, including BP, O2 saturation, intercom, telephone, compressor, O2 set-ups.
* Basic EKG form monitoring and operation of machine and the recognition of life-threatening dysrhythmias/subsequent care (attend dysrhythmia class only)
* Care of pre cardiac and vascular procedure patient which includes an overview of cardiac disease and procedural interventions, skin preps, and recognizing complication and any patient that come thru ED/CDU’s.
* Perform nursing care and duties delegated by Registered nurses
* Venipuncture, discontinuing INT’s
* Perform 12 lead EKG
* May enter the secured supply rooms to deliver or access supplies, equipment necessary to carry out the core functions of their job (oxygen, thermometers, etc.)
* Good telephone and communication skills
* Ability to adapt to changes in health care technology.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* “Other duties as assigned by management”
High school diploma or GED as required by state
Basic Life Support (BLS) required Current State Certification Certified Nursing Assistant or Current State License EMT-Advanced or EMT- Paramedic or transcript of fundamental of Nursing completion and currently enrolled in a Nursing program
One year of hospital patient care experience, minimum of six months experience with cardiac/medical patients desired.
Prefers phlebotomy and 12 lead EKG TECH experience.
Additional Information Requisition ID: 2019-R0253459
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Market: CHI Memorial About Us
CHI Memorial is a not-for-profit, faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to the healing ministry of the Church.
Founded by the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth and strengthened as part of Catholic Health Initiatives, it offers a continuum of care including preventative, primary and acute hospital care, as well as cancer and cardiac care, orthopedic and rehabilitation services.
CHI Memorial is a regional referral center of choice with 3,400 associates and more than 700 affiliated physicians providing health care throughout Southeast Tennessee and North Georgia.
Equal Opportunity Employment Consistent with our Core Values, Catholic Health Initiatives employers are EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled Employers.
Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected characteristic
About this company
Memorial Health Care System is a not-for-profit, faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to the healing ministry of the Church. Founded by the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth and strengthened as part of Catholic Health Initiatives, it offers a continuum of care including preventative, primary and acute hospital care, as well as cancer and cardiac care, orthopedic and rehabilitation services. Memorial is a regional referral center of choice with 4,000 associates and more than 700 affiliated physicians providing health care throughout Southeast Tennessee and North Georgia. Memorial Health Care System is recognized as one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® by Thomson Reuters, the health care industry's leading source of information on hospital quality.
Location/Region: Chattanooga, TN (37404)