HUMAN RESOURCES INTERN Reports to: Human Resources Manager Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Summary The Human Resources Intern supports the HR team while being exposed to a wide range of HR functions as an
opportunity to learn about HR as a whole.
Certain aspects of the position can be customized to meet the
expectations of an academic institution’s internship program requirements.
Under the direction of the Human Resources Manager, the HR Intern is responsible for performing the following duties:
Responsibilities • Delivers excellent guest service to internal and external customers in line with the organization’s mission,
culture, and values. • Models appropriate guest and partner interaction at all times.
• Assists HR team members in various capacities to execute recruiting and training initiatives.
• Assists with new hire orientation.
• Assists with the execution of company training programs.
• Assists with the execution of partner relations programs.
• Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Performs general HR administrative duties including photocopying, e-mailing and correspondence.
• Prepares and modifies documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails.
• Assists with Workers’ Compensation and OSHA reporting.
• Maintains appropriate filing systems.
• Assists with selecting, ordering, and maintaining partner uniform inventories for the organization.
• Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications • Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, I/O Psychology, Business, or related field or currently enrolled and
pursuing a related degree. • Possess an outgoing, friendly personality and the desire to provide quality service.
• Ability to communicate and interact effectively in one-on-one and small group situations.
• General knowledge of employment law and practices, with desire & ability to learn.
• Must possess excellent computer skills and be proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
Ability to perform these operations using units of American
money. • Ability to provide a flexible schedule to work nights, weekends, holidays, and special events as needed.
• Required to regularly use hands and fingers.
Ability to lift/move up to 25 pounds. Required to walk, stoop,
kneel or crouch frequently. Must be able to stand regularly.
About this company
See Rock City, Inc. specializes in creating memories worth repeating not only for our guests, but for our partners who work here as well. With locations atop beautiful Lookout Mountain, in downtown Chattanooga, and the surrounding Chattanooga Valley, we have found unique ways to serve our guests and have fun at the same time! In addition to the world-famous Rock City Gardens, See Rock City, Inc. owns and operates a number of locations, including Battles for Chattanooga Museum, Starbucks on Lookout Mountain, Grandview Event Center, Rock City’s Enchanted MAiZE, Clumpies Ice Cream Co, and the admissions, concessions and retail teams at The Incline Railway. With so many opportunities within SRC, Inc., there is sure to be a perfect fit for you!
Location/Region: Lookout Mountain, GA (30750)