TEAM LEADER – CATERING AND SPECIAL EVENTS
Reports to: Senior Catering and Events Team Leader Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Summary Responsible for leading the daily operations of the Clumpies mobile sales operation.
This partner performs tasks including, but
not limited to, event booking, delivery and setup for catering and special events, leading operations during events as well as
assisting in coaching and counseling seasonal Events and Catering partners.
Under the direction of the Senior Catering and
Events Team Leader the Catering and Special Events Team Leader is responsible for performing the following duties:
Responsibilities • Delivers excellent guest service to internal and external customers in line with the organization’s mission, culture, and values.
• Models appropriate guest and partner interaction at all times, displaying the values of the culture of excellence and leading in
a manner that serves as an organizational model for the values.
• Leads Catering and Special Events team in accordance with Culture of Excellence and operational goals.
• Handle all bookings and scheduling of the Clumpies carts including correspondence, both written and over the phone with
potential guests. • Delivery and setup of all Clumpies catering equipment for special events.
• Maintain relationships with event planners, caterers and other professionals in pursuit of new catering and mobile sales
opportunities. • In the absence of scheduled events, takes the Clumpies cart out for mobile sales throughout the city in specified locations.
• Models appropriate guest and partner interaction at all times.
• Ensures that company policies and procedures are followed and enforced at all times.
• Maintains Serve Safe Certification.
• Maintains High Mystery shop scores and coaches other partners to ensure they achieve high scores as well.
• Ensures health codes and safety standards are followed in order to maintain a high health score.
• Increases sales through effective customer service, product knowledge, and guest correspondence.
• Monitors cash handling procedures to minimize shrink/loss, ensuring all appropriate procedures are followed, including
logging deposits. • Oversees the daily supervision of Clumpies Catering and Special Events partners.
• Serves as point of contact to respond to customer requests, feedback and questions in the absence of the manager, doing so in
a manner that reflects excellence and professionalism to achieve positive outcomes, keeping the manager informed of
feedback from both guests and partners.
• Ensures all time and temperature controls are followed.
• Performs cashier duties, serves guests and prepares food as needed.
• Assists in the production of ice cream as needed.
• Assists in wholesale order fulfillment and invoicing as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications • Possesses an outgoing, friendly personality and the desire to provide quality service.
• Possess a valid driver’s license and excellent driving record in order to drive and operate an ice cream truck and trailer.
• Recipient of Serve Safe Certification.
• Ability to convey a professional image to guests.
• Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a group of managers, guests, or the general public;
read and analyze business correspondence; to develop and write reports.
• High school diploma (or equivalent) and one to two years related experience in food service required.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
Ability to perform these operations using units of American money.
• Ability to lead a team of 6 people.
• Required to regularly use hands and fingers.
Ability to lift/move up to 50 pounds. Required to walk, stoop, kneel or crouch
frequently. Must be able to stand regularly.
About this company
See Rock City, Inc. specializes in creating memories worth repeating not only for our guests, but for our partners who work here as well. With locations atop beautiful Lookout Mountain, in downtown Chattanooga, and the surrounding Chattanooga Valley, we have found unique ways to serve our guests and have fun at the same time! In addition to the world-famous Rock City Gardens, See Rock City, Inc. owns and operates a number of locations, including Battles for Chattanooga Museum, Starbucks on Lookout Mountain, Grandview Event Center, Rock City’s Enchanted MAiZE, Clumpies Ice Cream Co, and the admissions, concessions and retail teams at The Incline Railway. With so many opportunities within SRC, Inc., there is sure to be a perfect fit for you!
Location/Region: Lookout Mountain, GA (30750)