RN-House Supervisor Weekends Department: Nursing Administration
Position Type: Full Time, Weekends 8p-8a
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 75
Primary Location: TN > CHATTANOOGA > MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE
The House Administrator is a registered nurse who serves as a liaison for all departments within the hospital during their scheduled hours of work.
This nurse will focus on patient through-put within the organization and be responsible for overseeing safety measures within the organization and escalating concerns to the executive leadership team.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Facilitate organizational through-put by evaluating unit staffing and patient placement as needed.
2. Assessing the needs for advisory status and measures to reduce/remove the facility from being on advisory.
3. Organizing and scheduling after hours, emergent and weekend surgical cases as needed and notifying all necessary staff of procedures.
4. Serving as incident commander for all internal/external events as the command center is established and additional leadership is notified.
5. Managing internal staff conflicts that arise when Managers/Directors/Vice Presidents are not present on site.
6. Ensuring EMTALA guidelines are followed for patient transfers.
7. Assessing and monitoring of safety concerns within the organization.
8. Escalating concerns that increase the liability of the hospital to the Administrator on call.
9. Serves as an example for all staff in regards to professional behaviors and conflict management.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, BSN or BS in related field preferred.
Required Licensure and Certifications: Active RN license in state of residence Basic Life Support (BLS) required prior to start date
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required within 6 months of hire
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: 2 years of charge nurse or leadership experience within last 5 years 3-5 years of recent nursing experience Clinical knowledge as a Registered Nurse Ability to multi-task on a frequent basis.
Additional Information Requisition ID: 2020-R0270780
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Night Job
Market: CHI Memorial
About this company
Memorial Health Care System is a not-for-profit, faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to the healing ministry of the Church. Founded by the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth and strengthened as part of Catholic Health Initiatives, it offers a continuum of care including preventative, primary and acute hospital care, as well as cancer and cardiac care, orthopedic and rehabilitation services. Memorial is a regional referral center of choice with 4,000 associates and more than 700 affiliated physicians providing health care throughout Southeast Tennessee and North Georgia. Memorial Health Care System is recognized as one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® by Thomson Reuters, the health care industry's leading source of information on hospital quality.
Location/Region: Chattanooga, TN (37404)