Charge Capture Representative Job Details
Cardiac Cath Lab
This position is responsible for coordinating charge slips, entering missing demographics/insurance, entering charges for services that are not on an electronic health record, and EHR work queue assignments.
* Registration of new patients in the practice management system for outreach or other services not on EMR (paper fee-tickets).
* Manual data entry of charges performed outside of the electronic health record.
* Process encounters held in the work queue or task lists.
* Organize paper charge tickets for coding staff.
* Maintain billing and coding paperwork, including scanning necessary paperwork as required.
* Perform charge reconciliation as assigned.
* Review and process charges in work queue per assigned edits.
* Participates in special projects and completes other duties as assigned.
Requirements High school diploma or equivalent
Must be able to communicate effectively, demonstrating a high level of professionalism in all communications.
Proper grammar, spelling, punctuation and composition expected in correspondence and report preparation.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, Internet navigation, and database management.
Additional Information Requisition ID: 2020-R0273932
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Market: CHI Memorial
About this company
Memorial Health Care System is a not-for-profit, faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to the healing ministry of the Church. Founded by the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth and strengthened as part of Catholic Health Initiatives, it offers a continuum of care including preventative, primary and acute hospital care, as well as cancer and cardiac care, orthopedic and rehabilitation services. Memorial is a regional referral center of choice with 4,000 associates and more than 700 affiliated physicians providing health care throughout Southeast Tennessee and North Georgia. Memorial Health Care System is recognized as one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® by Thomson Reuters, the health care industry's leading source of information on hospital quality.
Location/Region: Chattanooga, TN (37404)