NURSE MANAGER - CALL CENTER Job Details
Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
Primary Location: TN > CHATTANOOGA > MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Job Summary / Purpose The RN manager oversees a call center serving more than 100 clients with a call volume of approximately 780,000 calls annually.
This position is responsible for the oversight and direction for 13 non-clinical operators and registered nurses who serve Memorial On Call physician answering service and nurse triage function.
The nurse manager of the call center is responsible for managing the relationships with physician clients and cultivating new clients.
The department functions 24/7, 365 days a year including holidays.
The manager is responsible for hiring and training staff and maintaining call response to established standards.
The manager is also responsible for monitoring and ensuring call accuracy in documentation and adherence to all patient privacy standards and regulations.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
1. Hires and trains staff; develops staffing schedules; manage productivity to budgeted targets.
2. Performs staff evaluations and provides continuous staff mentoring and guidance to ensure performance to established call center standards.
3. Monitor call volume and response times; and take calls as needed to ensure time to answer is maintained within established standards, to include RN triage calls.
4. Conduct call audits and assess operator response for accuracy of information provided and accurate documentation of responses.
5. Ensure all accounts are accurate and up-to-date.
6. Maintain daily communication with physicians and physician office staff; resolve issues and conduct service recovery.
7. Maintain on-call status outside of shift to help resolve computer and/or call software issues and to respond to physician complaints.
8. Provide oversight for equipment and software utilized by answering service and nurse triage service; interface with IT resources and outside vendors to maintain constant state of readiness.
9. Other duties as assigned by management
Minimum Qualifications Required Education (for CHI Leadership Job Levels from Supervisor through President)
Sys/Div/Mkt/Local Manager – Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 3 years leadership experience OR minimum of 5 years leadership experience in the discipline OR Master’s Degree and no experience
Required Education for Staff Job Levels
Required Licensure and Certifications
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
NURSING ABILITIES AND KNOWLEDGE, COMMUNICATION SKILLS, COMPUTER SKILLS, MULTITASKING ABILITY
Previous Call Center Management experience
Requisition ID: 2020-R0277074 Schedule: Full-time
Shift: Day Job Market: CHI Memorial
About this company
Memorial Health Care System is a not-for-profit, faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to the healing ministry of the Church. Founded by the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth and strengthened as part of Catholic Health Initiatives, it offers a continuum of care including preventative, primary and acute hospital care, as well as cancer and cardiac care, orthopedic and rehabilitation services. Memorial is a regional referral center of choice with 4,000 associates and more than 700 affiliated physicians providing health care throughout Southeast Tennessee and North Georgia. Memorial Health Care System is recognized as one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® by Thomson Reuters, the health care industry's leading source of information on hospital quality.
Location/Region: Chattanooga, TN (37404)