PATIENT ADVOCATE To serve as the liaison between patients and families of pretesting, surgery, Imaging Holding patients, and hospital professional staff, including all physicians.
Listens and communicates and offers compassionate help and stress management techniques and exercises crisis intervention skills
Checks patients and families in upon arrival.
2. Orient families and visitors of Short Stay and Imaging Holding patients to hospital waiting areas.
3. Weighs patients on admission, encourages stop at the restroom, then escorts them to their assigned room.
4. Notify unit secretary and RN of patient’s arrival.
If no one is readily available to meet the patient in the room, PA instructs the patient to undress then dress in the hospital gown provided and lets them know that someone will be right with them.
5. Receives all calls from RN to escort the family back to visit the patient prior to the procedure as well as after consultation with physician.
6. Receives calls from the Cath Lab and EP lab with procedure start times, updates and finish times.
PA communicates all of the information from these calls to each family.
7. PA escorts family to consult room to speak with the physician once the procedure is finished.
8. PA completes Thank You cards and mail.
Maintains refreshment area for patients and family.
9. Assists with wayfinding for all visitors of the hospital.
10. Diplomatically, firmly and consistently supports hospital values and policies.
Chief responsibility is to model our core values, thus assuring satisfaction for patients, families, visitors, associates
Other duties as assigned by management.
High School diploma or equivalent
American Heart Association BLS certified within 6 months of hire
Degree in communications, behavior science, or religion
Requisition ID: 2020-R0276920 Schedule: Full-time
Shift: Day Job Market: CHI Memorial
About this company
Memorial Health Care System is a not-for-profit, faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to the healing ministry of the Church. Founded by the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth and strengthened as part of Catholic Health Initiatives, it offers a continuum of care including preventative, primary and acute hospital care, as well as cancer and cardiac care, orthopedic and rehabilitation services. Memorial is a regional referral center of choice with 4,000 associates and more than 700 affiliated physicians providing health care throughout Southeast Tennessee and North Georgia. Memorial Health Care System is recognized as one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® by Thomson Reuters, the health care industry's leading source of information on hospital quality.
Location/Region: Chattanooga, TN (37404)