Adjunct Instructor (Practical Nursing)
Chattanooga State is an educationally purposeful community where faculty, staff, and students share academic goals and strive for high standards that lead to the attainment of degrees and certificates, meaningful careers, and a committed citizenry of lifelong learners.
We value those who: · consistently act in the best interest of students and the College (who have their priorities right);
· get things accomplished (who execute);
· are transparent (who are direct, truthful, and non-manipulative);
· are positive in outlook (who see the glass as half-full); and
· build constructive workplace relationships (who are team players).
We have an opening for Adjunct Instructor (Practical Nursing) at our TCAT - Chattanooga campus!
The role will be responsible for the following:
- Instruction: Teach classes in the Practical Nursing program; facilitate the classroom instructional process, evaluate students, monitor progress, assign final grades; provide out-of class academic assistance to students; maintain attendance and grade records; work to retain students; maintain required classroom hours - Develop and Maintain a site on the college’s Learning Management System (eLearn) platform where class documents are stored (syllabi, classroom information, quizzes, tests, etc.)
and available for students to access at any time.
- Service to Students: Respect rights of students and access to educational opportunities; assist in recruitment; support student activities.Position Requirements:
-Education: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution, current RN license, three year’s work experience as a nurse and the desire to teach.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) tablets and hand-held devices.
Master’s degree and full-time teaching experience.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled: Yes
Requisition Number: req3094
About this company
If you would enjoy a challenging job, friendly and helpful colleagues and an outstanding work environment, Chattanooga State Community College is a dynamic and vibrant place to work. As part of one of the nation’s largest systems of public higher education (Tennessee Board of Regents), we're glad you're considering a career with the ChattState.
The value of employment at Chattanooga State goes far beyond salary. As a potential employee, you will enjoy a full range of benefits, services and programs. Total compensation includes annual salary, a generous annual and sick leave program, 13 paid holidays, health and life insurance, retirement, 401(k) and more. Please review Chattanooga State's benefit options.
Location/Region: Chattanooga, TN (37406)