Primarily responsible for exercising safe driving practices, and operating a commercial motor vehicle transporting live birds from farms to the processing plant in a safe and secure manner. Responsible for compliance with the Department of Transportation safety rules and regulations, company policies and local, state and federal policies, laws and procedures.
- Deliver birds to the processing plant.
- Perform pre-trip inspections.
- Ensure safety of loads.
- Maintain proper documentation.
- Comply with established company fueling procedures.
- Communicate with dispatchers on a regular basis.
- Maintain vehicle and equipment cleanliness at all times.
- Attend monthly safety meetings.
- Comply with all DOT, company, biosecurity, FSMA, local, state and federal laws, policies, practices and procedures.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Class A CDL required
- One (1) year of verifiable commercial driving experience
- Clean driving record
- No felony convictions with the past 7 years.
- Ability to work flexible hours, days and holidays
- Promptness, dependability and good communication skills
- Body Strength: physical labor involved such as climbing, stooping, bending, walking and lifting
- Exposure to seasonal weather conditions, to include inclement weather.
- Exposure to significant amount of airborne dust and feathers.
- Exposure to chicken manure and associated odors, including ammonia.
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance (after probationary employment period)
- Voluntary Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Purchase Program
- Weekly Pay
- Great Pay - $88 per load
- $2500/ sign on bonus
- Paid Orientation & Training
- Yearly Safety Bonuses
- Detention Pay
- E-logs and Drive Cams
- Family Oriented Company AND SO MUCH MORE!!
Koch Foods participates in the E-Verify system and uses all tools made available by the federal government to confirm the employment eligibility of all employees. All applicants are required to provide documentation proving their employment eligibility, and all offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the E-Verify process. U.S. law requires companies to employ only individuals who may legally work in the United States – either U.S. citizens, or foreign citizens who have the necessary authorization.
Koch Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law
About this company
Koch Foods, one of Chattanooga's Best Employers, is proud to be one of the largest poultry processors in the United States. We focus on providing the highest quality products and unmatched service throughout the poultry growing, manufacturing and distribution processes. Our vast resources, vertically integrated capabilities and continual success in providing our partners with customized solutions have made us an industry leader.
Location/Region: Chattanooga, TN (37408)