Responsibilities The Registered Vascular Technologist /Sonographer (RVT) performs non-invasive vascular sonography exams independently.
1. Uses two patient identifiers
Compares Doctor?s order to requisition for accuracy.
3. Obtain accurate medical history and fill out appropriate worksheet.
4. Perform clinical assessment and all diagnostic vascular laboratory examinations such, carotid duplex, peripheral vascular and abdominal duplex, segmental blood pressure and exercise testing, and physiology evaluations and other tests as determined by the Technical and Medical directors of the lab.
5. Uses cognitive sonographic skills to identify and record appropriate anatomical, pathological, and diagnostic images and able to recognize the significance of all structures visualized and is able to differentiate normal from abnormal and recognize artifacts.
6. Coordinates work schedule with supervisor and front desk to assure workload coverage and that studies are performed in proper order based on whether they are STAT, pending discharge, or held over from day before.
7. Responsible for the safety, mental and physical comfort of the patient while in the technologist?s care.
8. Maintains a daily log of patients seen and bills each patient appropriate.
9. Follow the lab protocols but able to deviate when clinical necessary.
10. Prepare a summary of technical findings on vascular exams and relay preliminary findings to proper referring physicians or departments according to laboratory policy.
11. Completes all measurements, and the structured report accurately.
12. Maintains ultrasound equipment and work areas and keeps room stocked with needed supplies.
13. Establishes and maintains ethical working relationships and good rapport with coworkers and with all interrelating hospital, referral or commercial agencies.
14. Assists in orientation and training of new staff members and students.
15. Observe and report to Cardiologist any change in patient?s condition during testing.
16. Communicate accurate patient information in a timely manner to peers, physicians, and other departments.
17. Use all diagnostic, computer applications and communication equipment efficiently and in a safe manner.
18. Routinely demonstrates the ability to prioritize workload.
19. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications High school graduate or equivalent
Graduate of an accredited Sonography institution and credentialed in Vascular Sonography (RDMS or CCI)
Credentials from ARDMS or CCI in Vascular Sonography, or become credentialed within one year from date of hire
Maintain 12 CME credits per year
This position requires a criminal background check.
Therefore, you may be required to provide information about your criminal history in order to be considered for this position.
Additional Information Requisition ID: 2020-R0283735
Schedule: Full-time Market: CHI Health
We are excited to share that CHI was named as one of America?s Best Employers 2019, by Forbes.
Click here to learn more. Chances are, you?re here because you?re looking for a career offering greater opportunity, challenge and fulfillment.
We?re confident you?ll find all three at CHI.
As one of the nation?s largest nonprofit health systems, we offer a wealth of careers across more than 101 hospitals in 18 states.
Our faith-based health system welcomes you to share in our mission of building healthier communities, whether as a surgeon in the operating room or an administrator in a conference room.
When you work in a supportive environment with like-minded professionals, wonderful things happen.
Learn More Equal Opportunity Employment
Consistent with our Core Values, Catholic Health Initiatives employers are EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled Employers.
Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected characteristic
About this company
Memorial Health Care System is a not-for-profit, faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to the healing ministry of the Church. Founded by the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth and strengthened as part of Catholic Health Initiatives, it offers a continuum of care including preventative, primary and acute hospital care, as well as cancer and cardiac care, orthopedic and rehabilitation services. Memorial is a regional referral center of choice with 4,000 associates and more than 700 affiliated physicians providing health care throughout Southeast Tennessee and North Georgia. Memorial Health Care System is recognized as one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® by Thomson Reuters, the health care industry's leading source of information on hospital quality.
Location/Region: Chattanooga, TN (37404)