Cardiovascular Radiology Tech Responsibilities
The Radiologic Technologist in the Cath Lab is responsible for all aspects of care related to adult inpatients or outpatients undergoing procedures in the Cardiac Cath Lab.
Applies knowledge of growth and development to perform detailed assignments and interventions.
Provides consistent care based on the changing physical and psychosocial needs, unique to the patient.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of professional work to be performed.
It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Sterile technique
* Administration and knowledge of medications given to the patient under the supervision of the physician
* Operate physiologic monitoring equipment
* Operate all equipment related to coronary procedures (IABP, Impella, IVUS, FFR, rotational atherectomy,
temporary pacemaker generator, ISTAT, MedRad injector, Angiojet and manual thrombectomy)
* Management of blood samples and calculations
* Use of general patient care equipment and communication equipment
* Successfully complete all annual competencies
* Use of unit-specific equipment (computers, copiers, etc.)
* Daily QA and trouble-shooting skills for radiographic equipment
* Knowledge, advocate, and employ techniques for radiation safety
* Knowledge of CPAC data storage system
* Good telephone and communication skills
* Ability to adapt to changes in health care technology
* Other duties assigned by management
Radiology Technologist graduate National License ARRT
AHA ACLS (within 3 months of hire)
This position requires a criminal background check.
Therefore, you may be required to provide information about your criminal history in order to be considered for this position.
Additional Information Requisition ID: 2020-R0283735
Schedule: Full-time Market: CHI Health
About Us We are excited to share that CHI was named as one of America’s Best Employers 2019, by Forbes.
Click here to learn more. Chances are, you’re here because you’re looking for a career offering greater opportunity, challenge and fulfillment.
We’re confident you’ll find all three at CHI.
As one of the nation’s largest nonprofit health systems, we offer a wealth of careers across more than 101 hospitals in 18 states.
Our faith-based health system welcomes you to share in our mission of building healthier communities, whether as a surgeon in the operating room or an administrator in a conference room.
When you work in a supportive environment with like-minded professionals, wonderful things happen.
Learn More Equal Opportunity Employment
Consistent with our Core Values, Catholic Health Initiatives employers are EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled Employers.
Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected characteristic
About this company
Memorial Health Care System is a not-for-profit, faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to the healing ministry of the Church. Founded by the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth and strengthened as part of Catholic Health Initiatives, it offers a continuum of care including preventative, primary and acute hospital care, as well as cancer and cardiac care, orthopedic and rehabilitation services. Memorial is a regional referral center of choice with 4,000 associates and more than 700 affiliated physicians providing health care throughout Southeast Tennessee and North Georgia. Memorial Health Care System is recognized as one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® by Thomson Reuters, the health care industry's leading source of information on hospital quality.
Location/Region: Chattanooga, TN (37404)