Responsibilities The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides care of the ill, injured and performs under the direction of the physician and professional registered nurse.
The LPN applies knowledge of basic growth and development in patient care; incorporates knowledge of the nursing process and the professional standards and contributes to the evaluation of patient needs; and provides care based on the physical and psychosocial needs of the patient.
1. Identifying and managing a patient crisis until RN / physician assistance is available.
2. Identifies practice abilities and limitations according to Scope of Practice.
3. Obtains instruction, delegation and supervision by an RN
Recognizes and performs duties which are needed even when not directly assigned.
5. Administers medications accurately and safely: following five rights, monitoring adverse effects, reactions, therapeutic responses, toxicity, and incompatibilities.
6. Reports occurrences/complaints, following appropriate chain of command.
7. Anticipates and prevents periods of extreme workload within a shift as evidenced by good time
management and organizational skills.
8. Intervenes promptly and courteously to resolve problems and promote customer satisfaction.
9. Using and maintaining team spirit; gaining social support from other nurses as
evidenced by responding promptly to requests and smooth, cooperative working relationships with others.
10. Maintains flexibility toward technology as evidenced by implementing and supporting new
11. Communicates effectively and timely with RN and physicians regarding care needs, status changes,
and questions regarding treatment plan.
Qualifications Nursing Education for Licensed Practical Nurse from an accredited nursing program.
Licensed Practical Nurse licensure in TN
This position requires a criminal background check.
Therefore, you may be required to provide information about your criminal history in order to be considered for this position.
Additional Information Requisition ID: 2020-R0283735
Schedule: Full-time Market: CHI Health
About Us We are excited to share that CHI was named as one of America’s Best Employers 2019, by Forbes.
Click here to learn more. Chances are, you’re here because you’re looking for a career offering greater opportunity, challenge and fulfillment.
We’re confident you’ll find all three at CHI.
As one of the nation’s largest nonprofit health systems, we offer a wealth of careers across more than 101 hospitals in 18 states.
Our faith-based health system welcomes you to share in our mission of building healthier communities, whether as a surgeon in the operating room or an administrator in a conference room.
When you work in a supportive environment with like-minded professionals, wonderful things happen.
Learn More Equal Opportunity Employment
Consistent with our Core Values, Catholic Health Initiatives employers are EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled Employers.
Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected characteristic
About this company
Memorial Health Care System is a not-for-profit, faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to the healing ministry of the Church. Founded by the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth and strengthened as part of Catholic Health Initiatives, it offers a continuum of care including preventative, primary and acute hospital care, as well as cancer and cardiac care, orthopedic and rehabilitation services. Memorial is a regional referral center of choice with 4,000 associates and more than 700 affiliated physicians providing health care throughout Southeast Tennessee and North Georgia. Memorial Health Care System is recognized as one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® by Thomson Reuters, the health care industry's leading source of information on hospital quality.
Location/Region: Chattanooga, TN (37404)