JOB DESCRIPTION: PLANT MEDICAL TECHNICIAN, 3rd SHIFT
Provides medical assistance and treatment to all employees for occupational and non-occupational illnesses/injuries at the processing facility and complex.
Works closely with safety and management team members on accident prevention.
Assists with the development of wellness and other related programs that contributes to the overall health of employees.
Other medical or human resources duties/task as assigned.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: 1.
Administers first aid treatment as necessary to injured employees.
2. Coordinates medical protocols and communicates with doctor/medical professionals as needed.
3. Performs follow up care/treatment for occupational injury or illness.
4. Ensures the Medical Office, infirmary, medical equipment, and supplies are maintained and ready for use at all times.
5. Keeps OSHA log up-to-date.
Ensures compliance with applicable occupational health related OSHA/DOT regulations.
6. Maintains Medical and other related files.
Obtains and maintains accurate and complete medical records on employees.
7. Assists with return to work procedures for FMLA, LOA and Disability cases.
8. Assists CHR Manager with worker’s compensation cases to ensure effective post injury/illness return to work processes.
Includes assisting WC case management nurses with return to work restrictions and job assignments.
9. Facilitates DOT drug/alcohol testing both pre-employment and random testing.
Manages process and ensure proper chain of custody and confidentiality of results.
10. Facilitates pre-employment drug screening and other related post offer medical assessments.
11. Maintains individual and daily logs of employee visits including nature of injury or illness, department, treatment administered and time.
12. Participates in the Safety initiatives as needed.
Works closely with safety personnel to review safety incidents and provide input for accident prevention.
13. Assists with training and management of plant first responder team to provide prompt and appropriate evaluation of injuries and first aid.
14. Facilitates wellness program and contributes wellness information to Complex Newsletter.
15. Prepares and presents training programs related to wellness and health.
16. Provides customer service to employees and coaches them in health and wellness matters.
17. Assists with employee wellness event planning (Flu Shots, etc.).
18. Special projects and other assigned duties as needed.
REQUIRED SKILLS: • Minimum of High School Education or Equivalent
• EMT/Paramedical training/license/certification.
• Good Microsoft Office Suite including, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to flex work schedule: Hours: 40 hours per week, generally 8 hours per day: Evening or early morning hours necessary to accommodate shifts: Ability to take calls 24/7 (as needed)
• Ability to follow medical orders and protocols from contracted physician.
• Fluent in both English/Spanish preferred.
Koch Foods offers a competitive wage and benefits package including, health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance and 401k benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
About this company
Koch Foods is proud to be one of the largest poultry processors in the United States. We focus on providing the highest quality products and unmatched service throughout the poultry growing, manufacturing and distribution processes. Our vast resources, vertically integrated capabilities and continual success in providing our partners with customized solutions have made us an industry leader.
Location/Region: Chattanooga, TN (US - 37403)