A Over The Road Driver has the general responsibility for operating the
assorted vehicles maintained and utilized at Tranco Logistics.
Periodic loading and unloading product may occur.
A Driver is expected to work with other employees to effectively
meet or exceed expectations for quality and operations. This position requires a CDL.
- Has the primary function of operating vehicles.
- Maintain an F endorsement or Commercial Driver’s License.
- Maintain clean driving record. Possesses the ability to read and follow operating procedures.
- Must accurately document all work performed on inspection reports and receiving/shipping documents.
- Performs additional duties as required under the direction of the GM of OTR, Load Planner, and Driver Coordinator.
- Adheres to safety guidelines. Adheres to all DOT regulations.
- Adheres and performs all duties relating to ELD mandates.
- Maintains cleanliness of vehicles and equipment.
- Performs job duties with no assistance or supervision.
- Independent judgment is required.
- Be able to read, write and speak fluent English
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required
- Meet all applicable DOT requirements. N/A
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 70 pounds
- Occasionally move and/or lift up to 100 pounds (with assistance)
- Work is performed in a low noise, well maintained environment with the associated hazards of driving.
- Requires Commercial Drivers License
- Requires TN F endorsement
- Requires special skills based on extensive training and experience.
- Decision Making & Problem Solving: Able to make clear and accurate decisions.
- Policies and Procedures: Able to conform to all established procedures and work activities.
- Interaction: Able to communicate well verbally and in writing and work well in a team environment.
- Versatility: Able to respond to changing priorities with minimum disruption.
- Analytical Problem Solving: Able to use a systematic approach in solving problems by researching, developing, and evaluating alternative solutions.
Performance: Initiative: Able to function with no supervision
Qualified candidates please submit an application for review.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
About this company
TRANCO is located in Chattanooga, TN – the “crossroads of the South”. We are a growing full service 3PL company offering the following Supply Chain solutions to businesses of all types; Transportation, 3PL Warehousing, Distribution, Supply Chain Management and Real-Estate services.
Location/Region: Chattanooga, TN (US - 37403)