Production operations: assembly, welding, stamping, machine setup: start machine and operate pre-programmed cycle.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow Standardized Work Instructions.
- Supports the team in operational improvement.
- Quality Checks and Inspections.
- Problem Solving – Learn to recognize and solve the malfunctioning of the machine and recognize and solve quality problems of formed part.
- Make process checks/inspections.
- Place component parts in fixture to be welded - Remove formed part from fixture.
- Finalize component parts to ready them for assembly into final products. This may include, but is not limited to deburring, assembly using nuts and bolts, etc.
- Know the proper and improper use of PPE and equipment and comply with all OSHA Safety and Health rules.
- Supports Operational Performance Metrics and meets targets for improvement.
- Read, record, and follow data as needed/assist in documenting standardized work.
- Make labels using SAP system as required.
- Material handling as required.
- Cleaning and enhancing their work area and Perform 5S audits.
- Develop ideas for Kaizen and participate in implementation.
- Cross Train on additional work stations.
- Backfill when necessary at other workstations.
- Perform other assigned duties as deemed necessary or appropriate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school education and diploma (or GED equivalent).
- Previous employment in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Forklift cerfitifed - preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must be flexible relative to the work schedule, including possible mandatory overtime.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle, manipulate, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, talk and hear.
- Employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so other will understand.
- The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
About this company
At Gestamp, we are aware that people are the most important asset for developing and growing our business. That is why we take special care of our employees with Human Resources management based on:
• Care for health and safety
• Promotion of continuous learning and career development
• Equal opportunities
• Reconciliation of professional and personal life
• Respectful relationships with our employees
• Fostering of communication and participation
• Creation of social benefits
At Gestamp, we are strongly committed to encouraging effort and the drive to persevere. Joining the Group means working in a successful environment.
Gestamp is an international group dedicated to the design, development and manufacture of metal automotive components. The Group specializes in developing innovatively designed products to achieve increasingly safer and lighter vehicles, thereby reducing energy consumption and environmental impact.
Gestamp was founded in 1997 with the goal of being a global provider with a focus on technology. Since that time, Gestamp has grown steadily, progressively adding new products and technologies. This has made us leaders in the design and manufacture of automotive components and one of the leading manufacturers in the automotive industry worldwide.
In Gestamp growth and constancy are our specialty. Our challenge is to position ourselves at the forefront of innovation in the automotive sector. That is why we make every effort to research and develop breakthrough technologies.
We know that in order to progress we must remain close to our customers, so we are present in the big global manufacturing centers and own nearly 100 production facilities on four continents. We can thus offer our customers comprehensive solutions that cover the entire production process, from product concept to delivery at their assembly lines.
High business diversification by region, customers and products
Our expansion strategy is linked to the growth plans of our clients.
This geographic diversity enables us to take advantage of global growth opportunities and has mitigated the impact of fluctuations in regional demand during periods of economic crisis.
With the contribution of global solutions, we have become the benchmark supplier for the world's leading automobile manufacturers. The know-how and technological expertise we place at our customers' service has enabled us to become their strategic partner moving forward.
We have a diversified customer base that includes the 12 largest automakers by production volume, including Volkswagen, Renault-Nissan, PSA, Daimler, General Motors and BMW.
Originally, our portfolio consisted mainly of Body products and, to a lesser extent, Chassis products. With our 2011 acquisition of ThyssenKrupp Metal Forming, we considerably strengthened our position in Chassis products.
Moreover, the acquisition in 2010 of the Edscha components business unit, a leading manufacturer of mechanisms, has allowed us to further increase the range of products we can supply to automakers.
This product portfolio diversification has helped us strengthen our strategic relationships with automakers, who come to us for innovative solutions and high quality products that cover the entire value chain.
Gestamp responds to values that represent the foundation of our commitment to society.
We base our actions on four basic principles:
• The client as the center of the business:
The basis of our business lies in achieving and maintaining a client portfolio by developing and providing products that offer high value in terms of innovation, price, quality, safety and environmental impact.
We must be able to take the lead in providing the best solutions so that the business of each of our clients prospers, which requires having a thorough understanding of their needs in the short, medium and long term.
Building solid, honest and lasting relationships with our clients is what really sets us apart.
• Innovation as a means to progress:
Innovation enables us to consolidate the Group's leadership and to provide new alternatives for products and processes that bring value to clients and efficiency to our internal management. Our challenge is to be at the forefront of innovation in our sector, to be innovative and to get our clients to be aware of the differential value provided by Gestamp.
• Sustainability to ensure permanence in time :
We plan to grow and to be around for a long time. Financial strength, profitability, cautious risk management and respect for the different environments in which we operate are the best guarantees of our future. Winning the trust of our shareholders and business partners, complying with the laws of the countries where we operate, expressing our support for fundamental human rights and making health, safety and environment important issues.
• People as architects of success:
Talent, motivation and the ability to work as part of a team of people are essential assets for Gestamp's success. Promoting the personal and professional development of employees, which then brings about the fulfilment of other business objectives.
Since Gestamp’s foundation in 1997, we have been aware that people are the main asset for developing and growing our business. The success we have achieved over time could not have been achieved without all the employees who are currently part of our company.
The rapid growth we have experienced in recent years has led to the increase of our human resources which, in 2013, reached about 30,000 people around the world. As a result of the internationalization of the group, more than 80% of our employees work outside Spain.
In Gestamp, we believe that professional development is one of the keys to international success. Our professionals can be defined as:
• A very young team. 72% of our workers are under 45. That goes for our middle and senior managers, too.
• Tending towards stability. Over 90% of the group's labor contracts are indefinite, and staff turnover rates are very low.
• High level of qualification. As a result of the diversity of our products and the constant improvement in the technological contribution to our customers, 15% of our workforce are graduates, and 57% are at least skilled technicians.