DIGITAL MEDIA CONSULTANT
Flypaper is seeking a professional individual to join our digital media team as a Digital Media Consultant. This is a selling position primarily focused on developing new business by selling digital packages comprised of a full array of our digital portfolio, supplemented with print, to new and non-traditional customers. The Digital Media Consultant (DMC) will conduct all aspects of the job to include prospecting, research, proposals, coordination with fulfillment, maintaining and reporting on pipeline activity and sharing best of practice across team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Develops and strategizes prospects outside our traditional customer base.
* Identifies vertical market segments and determines how to maximize penetration into each segment.
* Secures maximum potential advertising revenue out of customer base in accordance with initiative goals.
* Identifies appropriate prospects and conduct outreach.
* Cold calling to secure meetings.
* Thoroughly prepares each call following established techniques.
* Research on client marketing efforts.
* Fact finding to understand clients business and products/service can play a role.
* Creates proposals and coordinates with fulfillment as appropriate on pricing/recommendation.
* Provides service after the sale to ensure expectations met/exceeded, secure renewal and identify and follow up on up-sell opportunities.
* Meets all assigned goals all objectives for sales volumes, call completions, renewals and new sales as established.
* Updates CRM system on prospect client intelligence.
* Manages accurate pipeline reporting information.
* Uses technology tools to maximize profitability.
* Reports each morning all results from the previous day's efforts including all necessary paperwork ready to be reviewed and forwarded for processing.
* Meets established goals of sales for volume & other key metrics as defined.
* Participates in all scheduled sales meetings and/or re-training sessions.
* Follows up within required time limits on all tasks received.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate must have the ability to generate market segments and effectively sell a broad array of products with solid knowledge of digital tools. The individual must have a detailed work ethic, be highly motivated, well organized and be able to communicate effectively with a widely diverse group of individual customers by phone and in person. Must have valid driver's license and have use of a reliable vehicle. One to three years minimum experience working in sales desired for this position with consideration given to candidates with interactive, newspaper, media or yellow page sales background. Competitive salary and incentive plan plus complete benefits package including: Health Insurance, 401(k) Plan, Dental & Vision, Life Insurance, and Profit Sharing.
About this company
The Chattanooga Times Free Press is a member of WEHCO Media, Inc, which is located in Little Rock, Arkansas.
The Chattanooga Times Free Press is a bulwark in Chattanooga's business and media communities. In the past four years we have been honored as Tennessee's best and one of America's top ten newspapers for news coverage. Additionally, we have been the recipient of numerous creative advertising awards and the quality of our reproduction has been acclaimed both nationally and internationally.
Recently, The Chattanooga Times Free Press was recognized for the following:
Editor & Publisher
• Ranked #22 among Top 25 Daily Newspapers in print and online growth. Of the top 25 dailies that had the biggest gain in audience when taking print and online readership into account.
Audit Bureau of Circulation
• (April 2009) Ranked #10 among all 1,500 newspapers in circulation print growth
• (October 2009) Ranked #5 among all 1,500 newspapers in largest daily circulation print growth
American Advertising Federation
• 2009 Two Addy Awards
• 2010 Eight Addy Awards
Partners for Families, Children, and Adults
• 2009 Family Friendly Business of the Year
Southern Newspaper Publishers Association (14 states) - October 2009
• Chattanooga Times Free Press "Best Overall Website"
2nd place went to the Knoxville News Sentinel and 3rd place went to the Nashville Tennessean. "Judges didn't consider how many hits a Web site attracts. Instead, they looked at the overall Internet experience that a reader coming to the page should expect to have. Honors were awarded based on ease of navigation, search capabilities, attractive design, a promotional avenue for the print product, plus any extras offered by the site" stated on the SNPA web site.
• 2009 - Best coverage of SEC football
While most people think of a newspaper as reporters, editors and "paperboys", in actuality some 550 employees work in a wide variety of positions from press operators to sales to distribution to information technology to accounting. Around the clock, 365 days each year, employees are working to create and deliver a new product every day.
The Chattanooga Times Free Press offers competitive compensation plans and a top shelf benefit package for full-time employees including comprehensive medical and dental coverage, life insurance, medical care and dependent care spending accounts and long-term and short-term disability plans. We have two retirement plans – a 401(k) with employer contribution and an employer funded profit sharing plan. In addition, we offer paid vacation, holidays and sick time.
Location/Region: Chattanooga, TN (US - 37403)