ELECTRICIAN Chattanooga State is an educationally purposeful community where faculty, staff, and students share academic goals and strive for high standards that lead to the attainment of degrees and certificates, meaningful careers, and a committed citizenry of lifelong learners.
We value those who: · consistently act in the best interest of students and the College (who have their priorities right);
· get things accomplished (who execute);
· are transparent (who are direct, truthful, and non-manipulative);
· are positive in outlook (who see the glass as half-full); and
· build constructive workplace relationships (who are team players).
We have an opening for Electrician at our Chattanooga State campus!
The role will be responsible for the following:
- Perform regular inspection of all electrical equipment; identify problems; determine needed repairs or replacements; - Calculate equipment needs and costs; maintain inventory of parts and supplies; - Repair electrical equipment such as motors, controllers, starters, and live 110, 227, 480 and 208 three-phase wiring; - Replace fuses, coils, switches, circuit breakers, bulbs, ballasts, etc.
; - Read plans, blueprints, and specifications for compliance with all electrical codes; - Install meters, conduits and wires; - Assist other skilled maintenance staff with tasks requiring additional manpower; and - Perform other job-related duties as assigned.Position Requirements:
Education and Training: Completion of standard apprenticeship in the electrical trade with training in electrical repair, installation, and maintenance, plus valid driver's license.
Work Experience: Three years work experience involving installation, repair, and maintenance of electrical systems and equipment.
State Contractor License with an Electrical CE classification.
About this company
If you would enjoy a challenging job, friendly and helpful colleagues and an outstanding work environment, Chattanooga State Community College is a dynamic and vibrant place to work. As part of one of the nation’s largest systems of public higher education (Tennessee Board of Regents), we're glad you're considering a career with the ChattState.
The value of employment at Chattanooga State goes far beyond salary. As a potential employee, you will enjoy a full range of benefits, services and programs. Total compensation includes annual salary, a generous annual and sick leave program, 13 paid holidays, health and life insurance, retirement, 401(k) and more. Please review Chattanooga State's benefit options.
Location/Region: Chattanooga, TN (US - 37406)