MULTI-CRAFT MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN/INDUSTRIAL ELECTRICIAN
The Chattanooga Times Free Press is looking for a Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician / Industrial Electrician.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Troubleshoot and repair automated equipment breakdowns
• Use of analog, digital test equipment and electrical tools
• Experience with networked I/O PLC networks.
• Servicing, troubleshooting, and repair of DC drives, FDS drives, and Servo drives
• PLC troubleshooting, repair, and replacement
• Perform preventative maintenance
• Ability to understand complex electrical and pneumatic control diagrams
• Knowledge of NEC and OSHA regulations.
• Experience with the following helpful:
o DDC controls for HVAC o Pneumatic systems
o Hydraulic systems • Ability to perform minor power projects which include conduit and wiring installation.
• Building maintenance; plumbing, carpentry and lighting
• HVAC experience helpful • Other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
• Familiarity with newspaper printing presses and mailroom processing equipment is helpful.
Requirements: • 5 years of industrial electrical and mechanical maintenance.
• Experience working with voltages of 600 volts or less and associated equipment
• Strong communication skills • Experience using various Microsoft office applications
• Physical requirements include but are not limited to climbing and working from ladders and steps, working in some confined spaces, periodic moderate to heavy lifting as related to various jobs.
• Work schedule will be days and vacation relief for nights; includes weekends and holidays.We offer:
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• 401(k) Retirement Plan and Profit Sharing Program
To apply click apply now link or go to: http://resume.timesfreepress.com/
About this company
The Chattanooga Times Free Press is a member of WEHCO Media, Inc, which is located in Little Rock, Arkansas.
The Chattanooga Times Free Press is a bulwark in Chattanooga's business and media communities. In the past four years we have been honored as Tennessee's best and one of America's top ten newspapers for news coverage. Additionally, we have been the recipient of numerous creative advertising awards and the quality of our reproduction has been acclaimed both nationally and internationally.
Recently, The Chattanooga Times Free Press was recognized for the following:
Editor & Publisher
• Ranked #22 among Top 25 Daily Newspapers in print and online growth. Of the top 25 dailies that had the biggest gain in audience when taking print and online readership into account.
Audit Bureau of Circulation
• (April 2009) Ranked #10 among all 1,500 newspapers in circulation print growth
• (October 2009) Ranked #5 among all 1,500 newspapers in largest daily circulation print growth
American Advertising Federation
• 2009 Two Addy Awards
• 2010 Eight Addy Awards
Partners for Families, Children, and Adults
• 2009 Family Friendly Business of the Year
Southern Newspaper Publishers Association (14 states) - October 2009
• Chattanooga Times Free Press "Best Overall Website"
2nd place went to the Knoxville News Sentinel and 3rd place went to the Nashville Tennessean. "Judges didn't consider how many hits a Web site attracts. Instead, they looked at the overall Internet experience that a reader coming to the page should expect to have. Honors were awarded based on ease of navigation, search capabilities, attractive design, a promotional avenue for the print product, plus any extras offered by the site" stated on the SNPA web site.
• 2009 - Best coverage of SEC football
While most people think of a newspaper as reporters, editors and "paperboys", in actuality some 550 employees work in a wide variety of positions from press operators to sales to distribution to information technology to accounting. Around the clock, 365 days each year, employees are working to create and deliver a new product every day.
The Chattanooga Times Free Press offers competitive compensation plans and a top shelf benefit package for full-time employees including comprehensive medical and dental coverage, life insurance, medical care and dependent care spending accounts and long-term and short-term disability plans. We have two retirement plans – a 401(k) with employer contribution and an employer funded profit sharing plan. In addition, we offer paid vacation, holidays and sick time.
Location/Region: Chattanooga, TN (US - 37403)