CLEVELAND UTILITIES CLEVELAND FILTRATION PLANT OPERATOR – 2nd SHIFT
• Inspect equipment or monitor operating conditions, meters, and gauges to determine load requirements and detect malfunctions.
• Collect and test water samples using test equipment and color analysis standards.
• Record operational data and meter and gauge readings on specified forms.
• Maintain detailed records of quality control results and operational adjustments.
• Run tests and analysis as required for efficient plant operations.
• Maintain adequate quantities and appropriate feed rates of treatment chemicals.
• General plant housekeeping and cleaning.
• Collect water samples. • Follow schedule of water sampling.
• Other miscellaneous duties as required by the Chief Operator.
PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS: • A high school diploma or GED equivalency required.
Associate’s Degree (two year college or technical school) preferred.
• Ability to use Microsoft Windows, MS Office, understand charts and graphs and interpret results required.
• Knowledge of (SCADA) software a plus.
• Tennessee certification as Grade III or IV Water Treatment Plant Operator preferred but not required.
Must be able to obtain a minimum of a Grade III certification within 18 months of qualifying.
• Hold and maintain a Tennessee Class D vehicle operator’s license.
• Ability to work a 4 p.m. to 12 midnight shift (M-F).
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: • Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds of chemicals or equipment.
• Ability to climb stairs and ladders, and ability to enter and exit manholes and pits.
• Ability to handle high-pressure water hoses.
• Ability to wear self-contained breathing apparatus for extended periods.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume by Friday, December 7, 2018, to:
CLEVELAND UTILITIES HUMAN RESOURCES
P.O. BOX 2730 CLEVELAND, TN 37320-2730
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Location/Region: Cleveland, TN (US - 37320)