Audience Development Manager We are looking for an individual who has experience leading sales and retention efforts related to both print and digital subscription audiences.
This position reports directly to the President of the newspaper.
You will manage and lead all aspects of establishing and acquiring print and digital subscription sales as well as maximizing single copy sales.
This position works in concert with other staff members within the department to help support and communicate challenges, goals and accomplishments that affect the team in regards to sales volume and retention of existing subscriptions.
The ideal candidate is motivated, well organized, and a strategic individual who has a deep understanding of prospecting and developing strong relationships with customers and vendors.
They will provide complete and appropriate solutions for meeting the department's objective.Essential Functions:
• Manages activities to drive the print home delivery and online order generation efforts, the sales of single copy, NIE, and third party bulk of the Chattanooga Times Free Press.
• Trains staff on product value, sales techniques, procedures and polices relating to subscription and single copy sales.
• Leads and/or participates in multiple projects and assists the staff in day to day functions and special assignments.
• Utilizes critical strategic thinking and problem solving skills.
• Incorporates appropriate tracking efforts to ensure targets are successfully met.
• Stands ready to perform additional duties as necessary to meet changing expectations and department initiatives.
Qualifications: • Intermediate level in Microsoft Office software packages (Excel, Word, Progress, PowerPoint).
• Preferred College Degree • Proficient in DTI/NewsCycle CIS.
To apply, click apply now link or go to: http://resume.timesfreepress.com/
An Equal Opportunity Employer
About this company
The Chattanooga Times Free Press is a member of WEHCO Media, Inc, which is located in Little Rock, Arkansas.
The Chattanooga Times Free Press is a bulwark in Chattanooga's business and media communities. In the past four years we have been honored as Tennessee's best and one of America's top ten newspapers for news coverage. Additionally, we have been the recipient of numerous creative advertising awards and the quality of our reproduction has been acclaimed both nationally and internationally.
Recently, The Chattanooga Times Free Press was recognized for the following:
Editor & Publisher
• Ranked #22 among Top 25 Daily Newspapers in print and online growth. Of the top 25 dailies that had the biggest gain in audience when taking print and online readership into account.
Audit Bureau of Circulation
• (April 2009) Ranked #10 among all 1,500 newspapers in circulation print growth
• (October 2009) Ranked #5 among all 1,500 newspapers in largest daily circulation print growth
American Advertising Federation
• 2009 Two Addy Awards
• 2010 Eight Addy Awards
Partners for Families, Children, and Adults
• 2009 Family Friendly Business of the Year
Southern Newspaper Publishers Association (14 states) - October 2009
• Chattanooga Times Free Press "Best Overall Website"
2nd place went to the Knoxville News Sentinel and 3rd place went to the Nashville Tennessean. "Judges didn't consider how many hits a Web site attracts. Instead, they looked at the overall Internet experience that a reader coming to the page should expect to have. Honors were awarded based on ease of navigation, search capabilities, attractive design, a promotional avenue for the print product, plus any extras offered by the site" stated on the SNPA web site.
• 2009 - Best coverage of SEC football
While most people think of a newspaper as reporters, editors and "paperboys", in actuality some 550 employees work in a wide variety of positions from press operators to sales to distribution to information technology to accounting. Around the clock, 365 days each year, employees are working to create and deliver a new product every day.
The Chattanooga Times Free Press offers competitive compensation plans and a top shelf benefit package for full-time employees including comprehensive medical and dental coverage, life insurance, medical care and dependent care spending accounts and long-term and short-term disability plans. We have two retirement plans – a 401(k) with employer contribution and an employer funded profit sharing plan. In addition, we offer paid vacation, holidays and sick time.
Location/Region: Chattanooga, TN (US - 37403)